Download Nero version 6.6.0.18 Here!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johncap523
    • Dec 2006

Here is a post I upped at the DVD-Shrink forum today. There is a link there to this thread. The issue I'm having isn't the same as described here but does involve Nero breaking after tech support told me to upgrade to 6.6.1.4. My question is has anyone else had the issue of the interface breaking as described below and would you expect that using the clean tool and installing the version you recommend in this thread fix my problem?

I've been using Shrink for years with Nero Burning ROM. Recently I bought DVD-R/DL discs by accident (thought they were +R/DL) and it turns out that Nero wasn't acknowledging support for them. My drive supposedly supports both DL formats but Nero wasn't even checking for -R before attempting the burn. Nero support told me to upgrade to the most current v6 rev so I did. Now Shrink will not properly interface with Nero. The rip is fine but the burn fails saying I'm using the wrong Nero interface. It shows the verion of Nero I'm running and the previous version's interface version. I uninstalled and reinstalled Shrink but cannot resolve this. I can do the burn by manually burning the ripped files but that makes for a cumbersome process.

Any ideas on how to get Shrink again to work seamlessly with Nero?

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Welcome to the <a href="http://forum.digital-digest.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item" target="_blank">Digital Video Forums</a> johncap523!

Please follow this guide I made exactly, it should fix your problem: http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...urn_page1.html

If it doesn't, please post a nero log.

Comment

• johncap523
        • Dec 2006

Originally Posted by jmet
        Welcome to the Digital Video Forums johncap523!

Please follow this guide I made exactly, it should fix your problem: http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...urn_page1.html

If it doesn't, please post a nero log.
        Yes, it worked. I would suggest one tweak to your instructions. The clean tool I downloaded gave me the specific option to save my serial number, so it was not necessary to manually record it any where. When I reinstalled the lower version of Nero my serial number was automatically inserted by the installer.

Thanx for the help. Sorry I overlooked the fact that my error and the error this thread is about were one in the same. I was looking at the info in the dialog and the reference here was to the title of the error outside the dialog.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

Glad you got it all worked out johncap423!

Comment

• coolcat
            • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by midas3d
            where do i get the serial number for the download?
            Buy a disk on EBAY for 1.00 + postage
            I guess the price is low due to Nero 7 coming out you can get version 6.6.0.17 and then upgrade to 6.6.0.18 because they are ligitimate sales and come with a key.

Comment

• Tompapa
              • Dec 2006

Nero update

Helló Chewy!
              I read all writeing in this forum. I learned wery much. I have yet a nero 6.6.0.18 and it's works well!
              Thank you!

It was not good for me, to update my old nero 6.0.0.9 (with serial number),
              Sorry for my terrible english!

Tompapa
              Hungary
              Last edited by Chewy; 18 Dec 2006, 05:28 AM.

Comment

• enki24
                • Dec 2006

hey jmet, your first post on this forum is brilliant and worked perfectly. i followed your steps to the letter and bingo. cheers
                enki

Comment

• coconutzgeeze
                  • Dec 2006

i have been trying so hard to figure out how to use dvd shrink... it does what i want but then when it comes to saving it i have no clue how... also i have been trying to download nero media player but when it comes to the last page and asks for the serial number i would input it and nothing would happen... it bugs me sooo much...

Comment

• soup
                    Just Trying To Help
                    • Nov 2005

Here is a guide for Dvd Shrink. You also might want to look at this Dvd Shrink that will allow you to burn with ImgBurn.

Comment

• kf2avs
                      • Dec 2006

Reallocation errors with shrink. please help

I have had problems with Shrink and Nero lately. It seems the movie gets decrypted and encoded fine, but right as it is about to get to the burn stage it gives me an error message like this. Is this fixed by using imgburn or a more complicated problem?

오후 8:04:47 #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1177
                      Required file 'VTS_01_2.VOB' is not present

오후 8:04:47 #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 269
                      DVD-Video files reallocation failed

오후 8:04:47 #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 204
                      Failed to realloc DVD video files

please help!!! here's the full text below.

Nero Serial Removed*

Windows XP 5.1
                      IA32
                      WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=?.?.?.?, size=6656 bytes, created 2003-10-07 오후 6:08:44
                      ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.59, size=160016 bytes, created 2003-12-16 오후 8:18:06
                      Nero API version: 6.3.1.11
                      Using interface version: 6.3.1.4
                      Installed in: C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\
                      Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom
                      Recorder: <_NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG> Version: 2.07 - HA 1 TA 0 - 6.3.1.11
                      Adapter driver: <atapi> HA 1
                      Drive buffer : 2048kB
                      Bus Type : via Inquiry data (1) -> ATAPI, detected: ATAPI
                      Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr : 11
                      Drive is autodetected - recorder class: DVD+R9 DL recorder

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
                      CdRomPeripheral : SCSI DVD-ROM 1.0 VClone Port 0 ID 0 DMA: Off
                      CdRomPeripheral : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG atapi Port 1 ID 0 DMA: On
                      DiskPeripheral : Maxtor 6Y160M0 atapi Port 2 ID 0 DMA: On
                      CdRomPeripheral : Generic DVD-ROM 1.0 d347prt Port 5 ID 0 DMA: Off

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
                      SCSI DVD-ROM F: CDRom1
                      _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG D: CDRom0
                      Generic DVD-ROM E: CDRom2
                      =======================

AutoRun : 1
                      Excluded drive IDs:
                      CmdQueuing : 1
                      CmdNotification: 2
                      WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
                      ShowDrvBufStat : 0
                      EraseSpeed : 0
                      BUFE : 0
                      Physical memory : 1022MB (1047340kB)
                      Free physical memory: 494MB (506508kB)
                      Memory in use : 51 %
                      Uncached PFiles: 0x0
                      Use Static Write Speed Table: 0
                      Use Inquiry : 1
                      Global Bus Type: default (0)
                      Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI
                      오후 8:04:47 #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 269
                      DVD-Video files reallocation started

오후 8:04:47 #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1177
                      Required file 'VTS_01_2.VOB' is not present

오후 8:04:47 #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 204
                      Failed to realloc DVD video files

Existing drivers:
                      File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=8.0.0.212 , size=2560 bytes, created 2006-10-04 오후 6:42:42
                      File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=3.00.41a, size=36560 bytes, created 2006-09-27 오후 1:53:22 (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
                      HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

Comment

• BR7
                        He is coming to your little town!
                        • Aug 2005

@kf2avs

Run it through vobBlanker or start using RipIt4Me to rip your DVDs
                        Last edited by BR7; 29 Dec 2006, 03:22 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• kf2avs
                          • Dec 2006

prob fixed... or bypassed!

After a few more hours of reading this forum as well as a few others, I have found away to to make a successful burn. Not sure which factor did the trick, but now I'm not changing anything.

I used ripit4me to decrypt, which worked fine but after encoding with shrink, I still go the same reallocation error message. So I tried the Imgburn version of 3.2 and had it burn to iso with imgburn. It works. heck yeah!

Still not sure why the old nero route stopped working all of sudden... but I'm relieved. Thanks everyone for all those old posts. It helped.

Comment

• Tjones
                            • Jan 2007

OK Nero Updated!!!

In my IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers I have 2 Primary IDE Channels On the first labeled 0 I have transfer mode DMA if available and on the current transfer mode I have UDMA mode 5. then I have directly under that DMA if available and Current transfer mode says Not applicable. Do I need to change anything and do I need to delete on of the two primary IDE channels. Thanks alot for your help. jones

Comment

• gjs917
                              • Feb 2007

How to find your Nero Serial Number

The serial number should look like this: 1A2x -xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. The serial number should be located on the inside of the Nero jewel case, or on the back of the paper sleeve the Nero CD came in. You can also open Regedit (a program in C:\Windows), and go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Ahead \ Nero-Burning Rom \ Info” to obtain your Nero 6 serial key from there.

My version of Nero came bundled on a CD with other software, so I had to use Regedit. To run Regedit, goto Start--Run then in the open box type in regedit and click the OK button. Then click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; then click on SOFTWARE; then click on Ahead; then click on Nero-Burning Rom; and then click on Info. You should see an entry such as: Serial6: Nero Serial Removed Copy down the numbers. They are your serial number.

Comment

• soup
                                Just Trying To Help
                                • Nov 2005

You can also find it in Program Files / Ahead / Nero / Nero History Log.

@Tjones http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=61905.

Comment

Working...