X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

My batch was a bad year for wine, hopefully they won't all turn to vinegar.

Comment

• Zero G
      Next to Arch Stanton
      • Jan 2006

Went to Wally World and got lucky!
      Attached Files
      "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Furiousg
        If you have any poo....throw it now
        • Dec 2005

TY's in the Sony stack?? I should go grab a spindle of those +R then.
        -FuriousG-

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by Zero G
          Went to Wally World and got lucky!
          the burns get a little better after the first 2 or 3.

Comment

• Gary D
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Here is the memorex crap (CMC MAG AM3) (DVD-R)

Today, I had 100 Memorex DVD-r spindle that was bought in November last year and never opened til today. I took 5 discs at random. They were all MAGs. I then burned data discs at 16X, 12X, 8X, 4X, and 2X. All PIE/PIF scans were done at 8X. All scandiscs were done at maximum. The scandisc was done twice. Once as a read and once as a C1/C2-P1/P2 scan.

Remember friends don't let friends use Memorex to quote a signature I've seen.

...............Benchmark ............... PIE/PIF ............... Scan(C1/C2) ........... Scan(Read)

16X----

12X
            ----

_8X----

_4X----

_2X----

Just click on the picture to get a larger view
            Gary D

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Is it dead or is it Memorex?

Comment

• copyless
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2006

Well it's definitely not "live".

Comment

• Gary D
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

If someone gave you a spool of memorex what would you do with it after using TYs and Verbs?
                  Gary D

Comment

• copyless
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Apr 2006

The exact same thing you would do. Make test disc, coasters in the microwave, Frisbees, etc. You know the usual, everything except put movies on them.

Comment

• Furiousg
                      If you have any poo....throw it now
                      • Dec 2005

Excellent Christmas tree ornaments They twinkle in the candlelight like no other
                      -FuriousG-

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

I dont think I want it even it is free
                        sigpic

Comment

• dmanshead
                          Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                          • Dec 2005

sony AKA made in taiwan (16x)

just to see how these did i popped one in and opened cd-dvd speed to see what info it gave me, strange even with these discs it said 4x. from my earlier posts unless it is a dl 4x isn't an option for me, so i threw all caution to the wind and went 16x here's the quality scan (attached).
                          the ImgBurn log said mty max write speed was 9.9x and averaged 7.7x but good results overall. I still like the sony japan ty's better but if i could get consistent results such as this i wouldn't mind.
                          Attached Files
                          If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                          Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• dmanshead
                            Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                            • Dec 2005

@soup

download "hijack this" (it's a small freeeware program)and post your log in an appropriate forum(they will tell you where) and while you are at it download the trial of ewido start your computer in safe mode and scan your system with it, spyware blaster is another free program that helps to stop that spyware from infecting your system. you can pay for both of them or manually download updates and start scan with ewido. spyware blaster won't scan your system but once clean it helps keep it from infection.
                            If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                            Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• sonic_emperor
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Mar 2003

call me dumb,these gary's shots totaly messed up what i though i knew & understood about these tests...
                              for example - @ 2x pif test,so may errors,and disc quality is still 95! - or is it that those are cmc mag-s?

now this is one disc i burned @ 6x,sony -taiwan,same score
                              Attached Files
                              cro-anthem-video

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

sonic,
                                you can't just focus on quality score as it based solely on the max pif value.
                                I look at pif totals as the most important figure, you have to also take into consideration things like liteons scan differently(1ecc interval). Actually gary's 2x burn wasn't that bad. Just shows you how well nec's burn on second rate media.

Comment

Working...