X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

I'm really loving my benq so far.
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

What's this, are the Benq, the new Borg, always striving for perfection? Are you guys trying to assimilate us?

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

benq are good, most of my internal are benq, very consistence but you have to have good media, all my stock are 002
        sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

Benq burn good media very well, bad media very poorly if at all.
          You don't put regular gas in a ferrari do you?

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

Nothing but the high octane sh!te for those babies!
            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

I very happy with mine as well thanks to the BQFlasher

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• dmanshead
                Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                • Dec 2005

I'm thinking about a new burner to replace my memorex, any ideas(i'm sure you'll have plenty for me). I would like onr that is very compatible with cd-dvd speed.
                here's a scan of another back-up using the sony Yudens. it is an 8x disc wrote at 8x. cd-dvd speed says my write stratagy should be 4x but i only have the option of 6 or 8x. gotta love those yudens!
                Attached Files
                If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

No one here has presented any evidence that 4x gives better burns than 8x
                  with our premium media and burners. YMMV
                  I started testing and scanning last year, my results lead me to abandon
                  4x as a burn speed. I tested 12x and 16x also, very chancey! 8x is my
                  speed of choice. Every now and then I retest a 4x burn with grade B media,
                  4x doesn't do any better.

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

A Question & Comment

Hi Chewey,

I have some questions ... every time I htink I have figured it out someone says something totally opposite ... anyways ...

Q1: For the 1st time I ordered some DVD+R (Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 8X & 16X) thinking that the "Bitsetting" will make it 100% compatible with "Any" player. So, I tested a Blank Taiyo DVD+R, 16X (T03) with my BenQ QSuite 2.1 and it failed 12X & 16X Burn simulation and marginally passed 8X. So, I burned the darn DVD at 8X speed then ran my DVD Quality Test using NERO 4.51.1 and something odd happened the darn Nero stopped half way the test and said "No Scan Area" or something like that ... Now I have only got this message when I use Cheapy DVD Blanks like "GQ" brnad bought at Fry's.
                    QUESTION: Why am I getting this error??? I can successfully run PI/PO test on any Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs though.

Q2: I have started burning at 8X whether my DVD blank is 8X or 16X. Now you have said it is OK ... and I see it is OK. But, somewhere on this Forum I read "JMET" says to burn at 4X or HALF the rated speed of DVD Blank. CAN anyone tell me which is the best??? And my tests are not always consistent ... so!?!?!?!?

Q3: Can anyone with experience with Taiyo Yuden tell me if I am getting any better deal if I buy DVD+R's (My BenQ can BitSet) versus juststaying with the DVD-Rs?

Thanks!
                    Gonwk.

Comment

• gonwk
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2005

Grade B

Chewey,
                      A Dumb Question ... What is Grade B media? Is Taiyo Yuden wrapped in Shrink Plastic Grade B? What about Taiyo which is in Spindle?
                      THANKS!

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

Taiyo Yuden is GRADE A, the top of the line, nothing has been so consistent
                        for years. Verbatim has had a few spotty B and C grade medias in the past, recently they have emerged as a consistent grade A media. Earlier made in India verbs and some of the tawain disks weren't that good. I have seen near perfect burns and scans from older TY that came in valueline shrink wrap. Several reports of early batches of T03 have been discouraging but
                        seem to be due to poor firmware support. Since the dvd-r ty is still plentiful and economical, I consider it the best buy. When verbatim dvd+r 16x is on sale they are a best buy.

Grades of media is subjective.

Gonwk,
                        what drive are you using to burn with? which firmware? and which software?
                        Last edited by Chewy; 19 May 2006, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• NightTran
                          King of Digital Video
                          King of Digital Video
                          • Aug 2005

the only one I know 4x is better than 8x is benq 1620 burn with verbatim 8x-
                          sigpic

Comment

• gonwk
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2005

Hi Chewy,

Thanks for your reply ...

I have only one burner ... BenQ 1640, with BSPB Firmware, and I only use "ImgBurn" (latest version) to so my burns ... also have the QSuite ... but I leave in Default setting .. nothing fancy.

By the way I have always used DVD-R ... just today got some Taiyo DVD+R 8X and 16X from RIMA and they WILL NOT Scan in NERO Scan program (4.51.1) ... I don't understand this ... Also, I ma not sure if Taiyo DVD+Rs are necessarily any better than DVD-Rs ... I just wnated to try them ... because I could not play back couple of my back-ups at my cousin dvd player and her player is not that old ... so I figured with "Bitsetting" I can be bullet-proof ...
                            Also, I hate the HIGH Price of the DVD+Rs ... any feedback on this

Thanks!
                            G!

Comment

• dmanshead
                              Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me
                              • Dec 2005

@ gonwk

Also, I hate the HIGH Price of the DVD+Rs ... any feedback on this

Around these parts there is very little difference in price from + to -. I know from looking that there is more of the japanese sony (ty) around, and i'm tempted to buy it as all my standalones have no problem with the - discs. I do like to be able to change to dvd rom so usually i buy the +, and especially when i buy Dl discs, which I have been doing more of lately. Best Buy usually has the verbs on sale $40 for 20 once a month and if the store does not have them they will ups them to me free of charge and i get to pay for them in the store, Ya gotta love it!
                              If you use these forums you will not have to face that...
                              Long Live Foamy!!!

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Comment

• BR7
                                He is coming to your little town!
                                • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by NightTran
                                the only one I know 4x is better than 8x is benq 1620 burn with verbatim 8x-
                                Would that apply to the 1625 as well?

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...