X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by sonic_emperor
    hi zero,are your sony from taiwan as well?
    Yes they are. Hard to find any other place of origin on the Sony's here. Even the +r are Taiwan.
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

Some 16x MIJ SONY (sony mid) are showing up, not that good. Zero can you buy maxell premium MIJ up there? 8x dvd+r if I remember maxell mid

I really want to test some of these

don't waste with data disk
      Last edited by Chewy; 9 May 2006, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

I'll look around to see if I can find some.

Here are the +r Sony
        Attached Files
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

That makes 2 companies with Made in Tawain blanks that are good media,
          Verbatim and Sony.

8x burn?

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

This will be the third time I tried to post this, this morning. Of all the stores I checked, Walmart had some Sony 50 pack spindles dvd+r, MIJ for $24.95.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

8X would be Yudens, 16X would be sony MID?

8X dvd+r, sony brand MIJ Yuden T02, burned at 8x with Nec 3550A 1Y6
              batch number TG000041
              scanned with Benq 1650

now here's what to look for in a scan, PIF total, PIE average then QS as it's skewed by one value only
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Chewy; 9 May 2006, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Zero G
                Next to Arch Stanton
                • Jan 2006

Yes they were 8X burns.

@ soup I need to check Wally world here for those. Last time I was there, they were all made in Taiwan.

Comment

• NightTran
                  King of Digital Video
                  King of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
                  Some 16x MIJ SONY (sony mid) are showing up, not that good. Zero can you buy maxell premium MIJ up there? 8x dvd+r if I remember maxell mid

I really want to test some of these

don't waste with data disk
                  Chewy I bought a pack of 3 or 5 at wallmart, it is consider very close to TY 002
                  sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

burns 2 & 3 on same media as above but burned with Benq 1650

first scan shows bad area in PIF, inconsistent media, so I burned another disk to make sure it wasn't firmare/burner related
                    Attached Files

Comment

• NightTran
                      King of Digital Video
                      King of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

may be qsuit learn how to burn this media
                      sigpic

Comment

• soup
                        Just Trying To Help
                        • Nov 2005

@ Zero G make sure it is the dvd+r's, the dvd-r's are made in Taiwan or at least they were here.

Comment

• Zero G
                          Next to Arch Stanton
                          • Jan 2006

Both the + and the - were Taiwan the last time I checked. I'll have to take a look again to see if there are some different ones now.

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

I had the same problem at Staples & FutureShop, couldn't find any MIJ in either one.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

don't verbatim's ever go on sale up in the far north?

Comment

• Zero G
                                Next to Arch Stanton
                                • Jan 2006

I've never seen them locally. I don't think I've ever seen them online with BestBuy or Futureshop. I'll have to check NCIX. Their shipping isn't free though.

Comment

Working...