Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

still learning myself, seems there is plenty of opportunity for that in this field
    never boring that's for sure

now if I could figure this damn "unmountable boot volume" problem, I'd have it made

Comment

• copyless
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2006

Well I thought I would post one more test for you to ponder over ( I started to say Chew on). This one I just done with Imgburn set at MAX speed. This is an Avg. of 10.3x with a max of 15.7x burn rate. 133628 samples @ 1.06ECC. What do you think of this?

I thought about burning the exact same file set at 12x and see how they compared, what do you think?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I think your burner is learning the mid, most new ones have some sort of mechanism by which they adjust laser power and speed to get better burns,
        you have to graph it with create disk and using iso's with cdspeed to actually see it. Another good burn, but I would definitely try 12x and try to take note of the burn times, slightly longer times mean more learning or adjusting to a bad disk.

other than file size and framentation on the harddrive, it shouldn't matter which file you use to burn

now if I could figure this damn "unmountable boot volume" problem, I'd have it made
        "chkdsk /r" at recovery console(never a dull day)
        Last edited by Chewy; 3 Jun 2006, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• copyless
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2006

Congrats on fixing the ubv.

The above burn took 5min 54sec., I always check the time and the Avg. and Max rates.

I am going to start another burn at 12x now just to see the results, will post the speedtest here when I am finished.

I have a disc I created with the program back a while, whenever you wanted me to post it over my burn. Is that the disc you are speaking of, or one with a different type of data?

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

you want to use create disk when first using a burner and a new media and then only to see what kind of burn speed changes are happening, too durn complicated to fool with much

I just do an 8x burn and then scan myself, cuss or cheer!

Comment

• copyless
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2006

Here is the last and final test. This one was burned at 12x speed with a avg. of 10.1 and a max of 12.3 rate, and took 6 minutes even, only 6 seconds longer than the max speed took.

It looks o.k. to me, but there is a little difference in the max numbers but not the avg. Where the PIE total went up about 1500 the max doubled in one spot from 8 to 16, but the avg, only went up to 2.11 from 1.98. The PIF totals came close to doubling, but the max went from 2 to 3, but it only hit 3 once, and never went above 2 again. The avg went to .06 from .05.

Does it look to you as though my burner prefers the max speed rather than the 12x speed or do you think it is the disc that is the difference?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by copyless; 3 Jun 2006, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

disk, but try some at 8x just to be safe

Comment

• katzdvd
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Feb 2006

Chewy,

Did a search on google for "unmountable boot volume"

When booting up to Win XP you may get a error that reads “Unmountable Boot Volume”. This is probably because your boot.ini file is messed up.      So, what do you do about it, panic and try to mount your boot in your computer…… No that is probably not a […]

Might help...

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

If for some reason that don't work for you, you can boot to the recovery console like above and...
                    Type "chkdsk /r" then enter
                    When done type "exit" and hit enter.
                    This will take longer, but the system should boot back into Windows.
                    I booted to cd and did this, but figuring out what caused the computer to do it is my main problem, it's the dj box in a very large club(3,000ft dance floor)
                    consulted with one of the dance instructors tonight(liscensed commercual
                    electrician), brown outs or voltage spikes? No room for a UPS in the booth.

Comment

Working...