X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Ne pas. its 280 TOTAL in 8 consecutive ECC blocks (an average of 35 per block). Now, also compliant (but just) is 1 block of 280 surrounded by 7 perfect blocks. This doesn't happen in practice.

Regards
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

well with his average of 58.6, he's well above that, course he shouldn't be scanning at 8X with that old 1 ecc burner

of course all this is based on a cats scanner at 1x clv not cav?
      Last edited by Chewy; 7 Oct 2006, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• discman
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jul 2006

Strange ?

i burned and scanned this disc just to illustrate the bad burns i get using verbatims.but guess what its a good burn strange.i burned this one at 8x.normally i burn them at 4x maybe thats made the difference i dont know they are 16x verbatims.it could also be a bad batch.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by discman; 7 Oct 2006, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• jamoskeag3
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2005

ive red somewhere that 16x should be burned at 12x.

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

Burning too slow can be just as bad as burning too fast...if you are using quality firmware and current firmware coupled with quality media you should be able to get good results.

EDIT: @jamo

I burn my TY 8X at 8X and my Verb 16X at 12X and the results are consitantly above 95%.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
            Walt Kelly

Comment

• 9mmruger1
              • Oct 2005

Originally Posted by locoeng
              Burning too slow can be just as bad as burning too fast...if you are using quality firmware and current firmware coupled with quality media you should be able to get good results.

EDIT: @jamo

I burn my TY 8X at 8X and my Verb 16X at 12X and the results are consitantly above 95%.

My verbs 16x +R's burnt at 12x generally are in the 92 to 95% range.

Comment

• BR7
                He is coming to your little town!
                • Aug 2005

Here are my results with the TYG03 burned on my NEC 3550 @ 4x.My BenQ 1670 should be here early next week and I will post some QS with it also
                Attached Files
                Last edited by BR7; 7 Oct 2006, 05:40 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• BR7
                  He is coming to your little town!
                  • Aug 2005

I always burn my Verbatims 16x +R MCC 004 @ 4x and I get a consistent quality scan score of 97

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

discman,
                    in a few cases 8x burns better than 4x, in very few cases 12X burns better than 8X

as a general rule 8X is the best speed for good media and good burners

but again there are too many variables, so it's better to test

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                      Queen of Digital Video
                      Queen of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2004

I normally use my TY discs but I still have some of the old comput usa discs so i was playing around to see what quality I would get.

The results look now but I know it wont last long as this burn was a rip from an old burn on the same kind of disc that had a 0 score.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                        I normally use my TY discs but I still have some of the old comput usa discs so i was playing around to see what quality I would get.

The results look now but I know it wont last long as this burn was a rip from an old burn on the same kind of disc that had a 0 score.

I have more faith in the Benq than that, the original princo burns were done with another burner, and since you didn't scan back then it's hard to say
                        whether your old burner could burn those disks very well.

The fact that the Benq even burns them that well now usually shows that they are class B, not C(garbage)

My worst disks, my nec's or LG will burn, but the benq just spits them out.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          Queen of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2004

New scan with the new X men movie the last stand. Denq 1650 burned at 4X on a TYG02

This one from the movie only burn I was multitasking when burning but still turned out with a high score:

Last edited by photo_angel2004; 8 Oct 2006, 11:16 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• discman
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Jul 2006

false readings ?.

is it possible to get false readings with dvd/cd speed ?.my last 6 burns using verbs burned @8x have all scored 95.is that possible?.anyway i tried to play ''RV'' today that scored 93.no way player spat it out.so i burned it again this time it scored 90 and seems to play ok.so high scores don't always mean good playback ?.

whats up with this burn ?.@chewy.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• daman
                              Yummy!!!
                              • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by discman
                              so high scores don't always mean good playback ?.

No it does not, my scores of 80 play just as good as my 90-99 scores.

it's just how well your drive is reading the disk is what that score is...
                              She's going down to the devil, down down to 90 degrees.

Rock on bro!!!!
                              Down load VoBblanker: Here
                              Down load ImgBurn: Here
                              Down load RipIt4Me: Here
                              RipIt4Me guide: Here

Comment

• discman
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Jul 2006

the one that plays.

so whats the difference between this and the higher scoring "coaster"?.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...