Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyboy9
    • Aug 2005

Nero tech support message, need help

For my Nero 6 Ultra Edition, Nero tech support is trying to guide me through the uninstall and re-install, but I do not understand how to do WinZip or WinRAR. Please help.

Dear valued customer,

thank you for your email and your interest in our software.

Please use the following tool for a clean uninstall. After that install the latest updates from our website:
    Important note: You can only start the GeneralCleanTool if you have Administration Rights on your PC!
    (If you are not an Administrator an error message occurs)

First make sure you have your Nero 5 or Nero 6 serial key to install Nero/Nero Express with. It should look like 15xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or 1Axx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

The Serial key should be located on the inside of the Nero Jewel case, or on the back of the paper sleeve the Nero CD came in.

You can find your serial number by the following way:
    Please open the registry by clicking on
    'start' in Windows
    then click 'run'
    and please fill in "regedit" and confirm with "OK"
    To open the registry key go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero-Burning ROM\info
    In this registry path is the following entry: 'serial'.
    When you double click on it, you can see you serial number.
    Also all the Plug-ins will be removed with this tool. So please make sure you have saved any plug-ins you purchased separately, so you can re-install them afterwards.

Then download the GeneralClean Tool to your Desktop from:
    ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/General-CleanTool.zip

Unzip the file with WinZip or WinRar and then double click on the EXE file to run it.

Select 'Clean All' option and then click on the 'Clean' button to uninstall all Nero products. Then reboot your system. It will clean the registry and remove all Nero entries.

After that, download and install the latest Nero/NeroExpress version from our website at www.nero.com using your Nero serial key to unlock from Demo mode.

For Nero 6 use this link:
    Nero Upgrade Center - Comparez nos produits Nero ! Mise à niveau vers la dernière version ✓ Aperçu de tous les produits Nero ✓ Caractéristiques ►Mise à niveau maintenant !

InCD 3 or InCD 4 will be removed completely under Win 9x after a reboot.

The GeneralCleanTool recognizes if a program is still running and will request a shut down so it can remove files associated with a program after a reboot.
    Should you have any other request, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards
    Anja Reiss
    Nero Technical Support

Nero AG
    Im Stoeckmaedle 18
    76307 Karlsbad
    Germany
    Fax : ++49 (0)7248 928 499
    Nero Platinum - 7 programmes en une suite ! ✓ Montage vidéo ✓ Streaming ✓ Sécurité des données ✓ Conversion ✓ Gravure ✓ Radio mondiale ► Plus d'informations
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

All you do is save the file to where you want it, right click on it & you should get a dropdown menu, just click Extract Here or Unzip Here & it will unload the files to the Folder you are in. Make sure you save your serial number before you do anything, I would also write it down on a piece of paper. Your serial number will also be in Program Files / Ahead / Nero / Nero History Log.

Comment

• tonyboy9
      • Aug 2005

Need help

I did manage to download the latest versions of Nero Recode and Nero Burning ROM.

I am still having the original problem, which is, after doing all the Burning ROM instructions, I get the 'Please insert a blank DVD', I insert a blank TDK DVD+R media, which has worked many times before, but then all I see is my cursor and a blinking icon of a DVD along side. The 'Please insert' dialog box remains on the screen, and nothing happens.

What do you do when Nero Burning ROM does not respond like this?

Tony

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

How many burners do you have?

Comment

• tonyboy9
          • Aug 2005

How many burners do I have?

I have an emachine, about three years old. There are two drives in the front, the top called the e:\\ which I use for playing and burning CDs or DVDs, and underneath that what I assume is a d:\\, which will not read DVDs, so I assume is a CD drive.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

I wonder, is it nero or the drive?

does nero info tool see the drive?

Comment

Working...