X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonay
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Mar 2005

Also - where in shrink is the bit set thing?

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

nero and imgburn are programs that burn dvd's, let's try to bitsett with them, but not waste time with an old marginal burner, unless it has sentimental value

a new modern burner sells for about as much as 100 good blanks, don't waste too much of our time with something that won't work

Beat a Dead Horse

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi Tonay,

If you want Quality Output discs ... you are doing couple of things wrong on top of having an Older Burner & Outdated Firmware ... so, I would recommend the following ...

1) New DVD Burner. Although I agree with Chewy that a "Bitsetting" burner would make your DVD Blanks more playable on most Stand-alone players ... I have to tell you from my experience you will be fine with a Burner even if it does not bitset. My reason for this statement is ... twofold ...

A) There are Good Burners out there ... but they can not bitset ... example would be a Pioneer Bunrer

B) Cost of DVD+R blanks are much higher than DVD-R ... and really in my mind not worth it ... if you are doing a lot of them.

See below ... any of the four in that list would probably be fine ... I HOPE OTHER REGULARS ON THIS FORUM CAN GIVE THEIR INPUT ON THIS LIST ...

Logitech's Signature AI Edition M750 Wireless Mouse offers something new: one-click access to ChatGPT, and its ability to rewrite your prose. But the Logi Prompt Builder app is coming to all Logitech mice and keyboards...with a frustrating flaw.

By the way, I use only DVD-Rs for my Burns and I have had ZERO defect and 99% Scan rates ... but I have to Qualify that ... I have BenQ 1655 ... which is in my mind THE BEST Burner in the World ... I also was lucky enough to buy one more before they went out of business ... I wish I had bought couple more 1655 and couple more 1640s (Best Readers).

2) Use only Best blank DVD media ... example Verbatim, ...

3) You have to do a 2 step Burn process ...
        First make your .ISO file.

4) Use "ImgBurn" a freeware program (but you can Donate) ... to burn that .ISO file.

5) No matter how GREAT your Blank Quality is ... NEVER EVER Burn faster than 8X ... period.

Then tell us how happy you are with your burns.
        G!
        Last edited by gonwk; 5 Aug 2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• tonay
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Mar 2005

Thanks for the input. I've always just used DVD shrink to burn. I'll try getting the hang of imgburn

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

B) Cost of DVD+R blanks are much higher than DVD-R ... and really in my mind not worth it ... if you are doing a lot of them.
            I have not found this.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

everytime I find a sale on verbatim, the dvd+r's and dvd-r's are the same price, the plus R's sell out faster, I seem to get better burns from them

Now with taiyo yuden dvd+r is either impossible to find or a lot more expensive than dvd-r

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi Soup, Chewy & Tonay,

@ Chewy ... you are right, I am talking about TY +R's ... the darn things are like 10-15 cents more ... and for what ... I am just Fat, Dumb & Happy with TY -R's. BTW, I bought and tried Verbs ONLY one time and that was enough to send me back to TYs and that is all I use ... nothing else for me.

Happy weekend all,
                G!

Comment

Working...