Power DVD software with PikaOne DVD burner.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr.Rock
    • Feb 2004

Power DVD software with PikaOne DVD burner.

I have the PikaOne 1004 DVDRW burner, and running PowerDVD software to play DVD movies.

However, I need to change my region-settings an unlimited number of times, because I travel from country to country and play local DVD movies. But my software only allows a maximum of 5 changes, then it's stuck on the 5th change forever.

Is there a way of resetting this, so I can never run out of chances of changing my region settings? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but no change. So ther must be a register file (or something) that doesn't get deleted whenever I do an uninstall. Or is the number of region-changes registered within the DVD burner hardware?

Thanks.
  • joegib
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2001

Suggest you read the article on this site about region settings:

I briefly described the options for overcoming region-protection in the answer I gave here:

Talk about converting to DVDs, encoding in MPEG-2 for DVD compliance, as well as DVD playback and DVD region-free discussions

PikaOne is just a brand name -- your drive appears to be a rebadged BTC 1004 (though you should do some reseach to verify this). If you decide to use the flashed firmware option you can find patched firmware here:

Last edited by joegib; 1 Feb 2004, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• decryptit
      • Jan 2004

What i suggest is that you flash your firmwire or else decrypt your movies each time you want to play them.
      Total Number Of Views
      Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

Working...