Help me decipher this Gspot diagnosis please.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subbevil
    • May 2004

Help me decipher this Gspot diagnosis please.

Hey folks. Newbie here, but I've read the stickys and everything so hopefully this question isn't particularly dumb.

trying to play this movie file... frigging audio won't play. Installed ffdshow, still nothing. This is what GSpot tells me. I think it's pretty self-explanatory (thank lord) but I could use some advice as to what I should do. I'll type exactly what it says.

"Gspot determined this audio should play, yet it didn't, (I love that part...), and the format code is 0x160 or 0x161. This combination of conditions is a likely indicator that the Microsoft WMA codec is attempting to play DivX 3 audio, or vice versa 0 an unfortunate result of original DivX designers' neglect to use a distinct format code. The ability to play this audio may be dependent on the installation or uninstallation of at least the audio portion of the DivX 3.11 codec. This codec may also be referreed to as "DivX audio version 4.0x"

Alright. now I have DivX installed... should I uninstall it? Get something less commercial or something? Should I light my computer on fire? I've been trying to deal with this **** too long.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rock on.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Alright. now I have DivX installed..."

It must SPECIFICALLY be DivX v.3.11alpha...

Comment

• subbevil
      • May 2004

Thanks.

Awesome, thanks so much. I really appreciate the response to what I'm sure seems like a totally ****ing loser question.

Have a beautiful day and don't forget to change the world.

Comment

Working...