Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paulette
    • Sep 2004

No sound after burning avi with windvd creator

I have a beautiful picture on the computer and also in my dvd player connected to the TV but get no sound. This has happened with Van Helsing and Troy. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Paulette
      • Sep 2004

Will try and let you know what the results are. Thanks

Comment

• Jason B
        • Sep 2005

Someone replied with some other programs that will do the same thing as windvdcreator. Windvd creator keeps crashing for me. Can someone list them again? I've tried the TMPG stuff, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I want one program that can do it all for me.

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

what is your source video and what do you want your end product to be ?

Comment

• Jason B
            • Sep 2005

I can't get anything to work right. I have a 800mb mpeg file I want to burn to a DVD. When I try to open it in TMPG DVD, it says, "The video GOP is too long, Dvd video standard requires the GOP is stuctured as below.

This happens for any mpeg files I've tried to use in this progra. Help! What else can I try? I've tried windvd creator and it crashes, TMPG isn't working for me.

All I want to do is take raw avi or mpg's and make them play in a home dvd. Please give me other options.

Comment

Working...