X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobby92
    • Sep 2005

DVDs jump on PC- tried everything

Hi guys.
    I got a new pc two days ago and I am delighted with it. Untill, that is, when i tried to play a DVD on it but it skips and jumps. All DMA settings are on "DMA IF AVAILIBLE". I have tried a variety of software as well.

PC is Packard Bell iMEDIA 1517
    AMD ATHLON 3200+ 2.2GHZ
    1024 MB RAM
    LG DVDRW GWA 4164B
    Realtek Audio Card
    ATi Radeon Xpress 200

Audio CDs and MPEGs on the 200GB hard disc play fine

Thanks for any help
    Bobby 92
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

It may say "DMA If Available" but, what does it say in "Current Transfer Mode"?

Check your DMA settings - How ? do this -> Go to Control Panel> System> Hardware Tab> Device Manager> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers> Right Click Primary IDE channel (and Secondary IDE channel after you finish with Primary)> Properties> Advanced Settings Tab> Transfer Mode or go here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

Do the above from both "Primary & Secondary IDE channels".

I (We) and you need to look at whats in both "Transfer Mode" and "Current Transfer Mode". Screen shot below is what I'm talking about.

If it is in "PIO" mode. Click the "Driver" tab, and uninstall the driver. Then reboot. Upon rebooting windows will automatically reinstall the driver and it should go back to "DMA" mode.

(Your screen may or may not look the same as my screen shots)

Comment

• Bobby92
      • Sep 2005

it is on PIO mode for the top setting but on nothing for the bottom. I'm unistalling the drivers as we speak

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

over in THIS thread, you received excellent advice for the same problem from jmet and myself.http://forums.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=55358
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

what dvd player software came with it, and what have you tried playing it with?
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...