Nero 8 Ultra's Showtime problem playing..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelT1960
    • May 2008

Nero 8 Ultra's Showtime problem playing..

When I try to play a high def WMV files my Showtime 4.0 player starts up but does not play (no audio or video....like it is stuck). However I can play the HD files using Windows Media Player 11 or PowerDVD8.

I first noticed a problem when I tried to transcode a WMV HD file to a Blu-ray video disk and the video was not there (dark screen) even though the audio worked. The non HD video file worked fine. I should have known something was not right when I didn't see the preview in the window of the HD file as it was being transcoded!

Any help would be appreciated! I have Windows XP SP3, and a EVGA 8600GT video card w/ 512 MB of ram.

Thank you,

Michael
  • MichaelT1960
    • May 2008

Problems with Nero 8 Ultra HD and Showtime

I un-installed Windows XP SP 3 and now when using Nero's Infotool I get all green boxes when checking my capabilities of using Blu-ray and HD.

However I still am not able to play the HD WMV using the included Showtime in the Nero 8 Ultra HD package. The video player starts and stops just before being able to see any video (there is a blank black screen). Nothing else happens. A warning does appear first about a possible compatibility issue.....but my computer's hardware is fine.

Windows Media Player 11 and Power DVD8 Ultra work fine playing the video!

Doesn't anyone else have this problem and no a fix???

Thanks,

michael

Comment

Working...