X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Yeah that makes me sick. You can find every other GD television show on DVD, some of them I don't even think lasted 5 years.

All we get from a classic like Night Court is one release, yipppeeee!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

yeah, moonlighting is actually on dvd! i could understand if night court was an unsuccessful show, but it was right up there in the ratings. it lasted 9 or 10 seasons.

BTW they taunted us with one more special "favorites" release of 6 episodes. 2 of which i think are on the season 1 set. so you get 4 episodes. everytime i try and rent it, i'm told some meatball already rented it out...
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

quit bellyaching and just sign up, maybe if enough people request notifcation amazon might get warner bros to keep it coming

first season must not have sold very well
        Last edited by Chewy; 26 Aug 2006, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• Steve83
          Bronco Guru
          • May 2006

My favorite NC episodes were the ones with the Wheeler family - I loved seeing Lt.Cmdr. Data affecting that ridiculous hillbilly accent!

Judging by the recent idiocy regarding the censoring of The Flintstones, it's entirely possible that NC is being shelved for the same reason: glamorizing smoking.
          Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

whats this about the flinstones?
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Steve83
              Bronco Guru
              • May 2006

I don't want to tell the story wrong, and I'm not sure I even remember all of it, but many old cartoons are being edited or censored for various stupid reasons. IIRC, the Flintstones has smoking references in it, so those are being edited out before they'll re-run them or release them on DVD. I know the old lady baliff on NC smoked, and I think Harry would smoke in his office occasionally (seems like Bull & the DA were also shown smoking), so it could be a similar issue that's keeping them from being released. I'm sure you can find the REAL story about the cartoons on any of the news sites.
              Walk softly and carry a BIG SIX!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

if thats true thats disgusting. yeah, smoking is such a devilish sin. they love to sell will and grace though.
                Columbo moments...

Comment

• volfann
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2006

sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• Sull-Meister
                    "The New Guy"
                    • Sep 2006

A DVD i would like to see is a film called 'Time Stalkers' which was originally released in the 60's (Roughly).
                    I have a copy of it on VHS and I could easily transfer it too DVD myself...BUT..the quality of the VHS is not the best. They should release a DVD of it with special features and betetr picture quality etc.

I have oficially been told by worked in HMV that the company behind the film have officially stopped making the film altogether!

Oh Well....

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

well we can mark this off the list here in usa
                      DVD and Blu-ray release dates for upcoming movies plus entertainment news and celebrity information. Want to know when the latest box office smash is coming to DVD and/or Blu-ray? Check out VideoETA, When Entertainment Happens.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

did you buy it?
                        Columbo moments...

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

Not me, just looking what was available and remembered it being high on the list. Didn't think it was that funny, liked the real movie more, kevin costner and all. Might go for blazing saddles some day.

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

Well I will have to buy it for my wife, one of her all time favourites.

Comment

• volfann
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Chewy
                              Might go for blazing saddles some day.
                              Go for it Chewy. I watch my copy at least once a month and it gets funnier every time .
                              sigpic

Rent This Space

Comment

• soup
                                Just Trying To Help
                                • Nov 2005

Well my latest order from Amazon has been shipped & should be here any day. My wife makes out best on this one.

1 The Man Who Knew Too Little ( CDN$ 8.79 1 CDN$ 8.79
                                1 Talent for the Game (Ws) CDN$ 8.94 1 CDN$ 8.94
                                1 Mr. Baseball CDN$ 10.36 1 CDN$ 10.36
                                1 The Cheyenne Social Club/Fire CDN$ 15.66 1 CDN$ 15.66
                                1 Robin Hood Men in Tights CDN$ 11.89 1 CDN$ 11.89

Comment

Working...