X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rkiernan22
    • Apr 2009

Error 429 DVD Flick

When i try to start dvd flick i get this:

"An error occured during startup. NUmber 429 from dvd flick: ActiveX component cant create object. Last DLL Error: 0"

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but i still got the error when i started the program again.
    Attached Files
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

Well I have used DVD Flick for awhile and did not even know they had error codes. I had no luck searching in the DVD Flick forum.

Maybe try this:

1. Uninstall DVD Flick using REVO UNINSTALLER using moderate settings.

2. Download a fresh new copy of DVD FLICK version 1.3.0.6

And try. Let us know.

Good Luck

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Are you on Vista? Are you insalling from an account in the Administrator group?
      It's an issue with an ActiveX not being registered. If you can find out which ActiveX Controls dvd flick installs or uses then you should be able to fix it by doing this command:
      regsvr32 control (where control is named a .dll or .ocx)

You might have to install DVD Flick using an installer that tracks changes so you can find out what it's putting on that's not getting registered.

Here's some hits on DVD flick forum for the same issue.
      Last edited by MilesAhead; 6 Apr 2009, 08:10 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

usually when a program wants to install ActiveX ... doesn't ask you or tell you!?!?

So, I guess good old Trusty DVDFlick does it in "Silent" mode ... I wonder WHY!?!?

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

I forget what the ActiveX is that Flick uses. I remember on another machine I uninstalled some program and got the "this dll is no longer in use.. delete it?" thing and because the .dll was a few years old and I didn't recognize it as being used by anything I let it kill it off. DVD Flick quit working. I don't remember if I just reinstalled Flick to get it to work or what, but evidently that fix doesn't work for everyone.

You can probably hunt it down on Flick forum what it is for.

Comment

Working...