Disable Macrovision in stand-alone DVD players...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Originally Posted by Persephone
    Hello to all!!!

I have a Go Video VR3845 and I one of the "main" reasons I got it was so that I could burn BOTH DVD+/-R/RW as opposed to the other one I have a Go Video VR3930 which uses DVD-R *ONLY*..

Please tell me there is some way to get round this Macrovison crap!!!!

Thanks!!!
    Persephone
    Click the 2nd link in my signature...the Sima link. This unit can connect between video out and video in on your units and clean up the video.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Persephone
      Persephone
      • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by RFBurns
      Click the 2nd link in my signature...the Sima link. This unit can connect between video out and video in on your units and clean up the video.

Thanks RF, PLEASE tell me this thing can work on a combo unit....

I am also looking at a MacroMaster+ machine and I found out from the company that is *will* work on a combo unit, just a bit harder and a tad more confusing, I'm gonna see if my Dad has his old VCR he don't use anymore....

But, in case this thing CAN work on a combo unit, that would be fabulous....

Thanks again and am goin' right now....

Comment

• RFBurns
        To Infinity And Byond
        • May 2006

Thanks RF, PLEASE tell me this thing can work on a combo unit....

I am also looking at a MacroMaster+ machine and I found out from the company that is *will* work on a combo unit, just a bit harder and a tad more confusing, I'm gonna see if my Dad has his old VCR he don't use anymore....

But, in case this thing CAN work on a combo unit, that would be fabulous....

Thanks again and am goin' right now....
        Hi!

YES!! The unit will work on combination DVD/VCR units. Simply plug it between the video out of the DVD output section on the back and then plug into the video in on the back of the unit. Select the line input where the Sima box is plugged into ie: Line1 or Line2. Then wala, you can record your DVD over to VHS or vise versa if the combo DVD side has recording ability. If the combo unit is set to "DUB" mode, it will not send the signals via the jacks on the back, but rather internally send signals and thus kick in the copy guard management system built into the firmware of the unit itself. Make sure you have the unit selected to either Line1 or Line2 so that the signals will pass through the Sima unit and then back into the combo unit.

Happy dubbing!!

Here..I will fix it!

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Persephone
          Persephone
          • Jun 2006

Hi!

YES!! The unit will work on combination DVD/VCR units. Simply plug it between the video out of the DVD output section on the back and then plug into the video in on the back of the unit. Select the line input where the Sima box is plugged into ie: Line1 or Line2. Then wala, you can record your DVD over to VHS or vise versa if the combo DVD side has recording ability. If the combo unit is set to "DUB" mode, it will not send the signals via the jacks on the back, but rather internally send signals and thus kick in the copy guard management system built into the firmware of the unit itself. Make sure you have the unit selected to either Line1 or Line2 so that the signals will pass through the Sima unit and then back into the combo unit.

Happy dubbing!!

Another Q for you...

I am getting my Digital Channels via my Digital Converter set top box via my cable company, any probs that you see there?

Thanks again!!!!
          Persy.......

Comment

• RFBurns
            To Infinity And Byond
            • May 2006

Another Q for you...

I am getting my Digital Channels via my Digital Converter set top box via my cable company, any probs that you see there?

Thanks again!!!!
            Persy.......
            Hello again!

The only problem I can see would be connections. If your cable box has an S-Video connection or composite "yellow rca", then the Sima box will work with that too!! If the cable box has RGB or HDMI only, the Sima box does not have these types of connections and will not work since the Sima box only has S-Video and composite "yellow rca" inputs/outputs.

Hope this helps!

Here..I will fix it!

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Persephone
              Persephone
              • Jun 2006

Hello again!

The only problem I can see would be connections. If your cable box has an S-Video connection or composite "yellow rca", then the Sima box will work with that too!! If the cable box has RGB or HDMI only, the Sima box does not have these types of connections and will not work since the Sima box only has S-Video and composite "yellow rca" inputs/outputs.

Hope this helps!

I just checked the back of my box (I don't get back there very often......) and I DO indeed have one RCA connector and also one S-Video Connector as well...got a couple of different types of Audio Connectors as well, tow are the Red in to/out from connections and a peach colored one, I kid you not for Digital Audio and one USB connection and a DATA port connection, blah...blah...blah......

Thanks again!!!!
              Mary Beth

Comment

• RFBurns
                To Infinity And Byond
                • May 2006

Your welcome! Glad to help out.

Here..I will fix it!

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Persephone
                  Persephone
                  • Jun 2006

Your welcome! Glad to help out.

Am on my way to buy one......Thanks again!!!

Comment

• RFBurns
                    To Infinity And Byond
                    • May 2006

Am on my way to buy one......Thanks again!!!
                    You bet!

In fact, I just ordered another one for my parents for their dvd and vcr. They just need it to stabalize the video since the tv they use is fairly old and does not have a fast enough APL and AGC circuitry to handle macrovision, thus their picture flickers and shifts color etc. This Sima unit will solve that problem no sweat.

Have a good one!

Here..I will fix it!

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• Persephone
                      Persephone
                      • Jun 2006

You bet!

In fact, I just ordered another one for my parents for their dvd and vcr. They just need it to stabalize the video since the tv they use is fairly old and does not have a fast enough APL and AGC circuitry to handle macrovision, thus their picture flickers and shifts color etc. This Sima unit will solve that problem no sweat.

Have a good one!

will let ya know how it goes as soon as it comes in!!!!!

Comment

• M4P
                        • Jul 2006

Hi all,
                        I just got a DVD recorder, and I have satellite tv. I subscribe to HBO. Do you know if I will be able to record shows and/or movies, or is there some copyright thing going on? if so, will one of these macro killers work? Thanks

Comment

• RFBurns
                          To Infinity And Byond
                          • May 2006

Originally Posted by M4P
                          Hi all,
                          I just got a DVD recorder, and I have satellite tv. I subscribe to HBO. Do you know if I will be able to record shows and/or movies, or is there some copyright thing going on? if so, will one of these macro killers work? Thanks
                          Some broadcasts do incorporate copy protection, but allow recording only to a DVD re-writable in "VR" mode without using any copy protection removal devices etc. The Sima unit will allow recording to a regular DVD write once disc. Please note that the recordings made with the Sima unit are intended for your own use under the Fair Use Act.

Here..I will fix it!

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• M4P
                            • Jul 2006

Some broadcasts do incorporate copy protection, but allow recording only to a DVD re-writable in "VR" mode without using any copy protection removal devices etc. The Sima unit will allow recording to a regular DVD write once disc. Please note that the recordings made with the Sima unit are intended for your own use under the Fair Use Act.

Thanks very much for your response. I basically just want to be able to record a movie to watch at a later time, or if I llike a movie, be able to save it to watch it again in the future. I'll definitely check out the Sima unit.

Thanks again.

Comment

• Persephone
                              Persephone
                              • Jun 2006

I just HAD to 'jump' in here....

This message goes out to RFBurns!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

This Sima GoDVD!! Should be REQUIREDequipment for ANYBODY looking to get rid of Macrovison protection problems with their stand alone DVD Recorders....

It works like a charm.......

Again, to RFBurns.....THANK YOU!!!!!!

Persy......

Comment

• M4P
                                • Jul 2006

I finally hooked up my DVD recorder and wanted to record one of my shows on HBO so I could watch it later. It started recording for a few seconds, then it said copyright protected and stopped recording. Every single channel of HBO did the same thing. So my question is will the Sima allow me to record from my satellite receiver? Is it HBO that sends the signal, or does it come from the satellite receiver? Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Also, I did try recording on a DVDR-W disk in VR mode per the instructions in the DVD recorder's manual, but same thing, recording not allowed.

Comment

Working...