X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cv_fr
    • May 2004

Matroska problem: "Media Player Classic" is stuck at the begining

Hi all,

Can you help me, i doesn't succeed to play my mkv.
    Here is what i have done:

I have Windows 98 (First edition).
    I already had the principals codecs installed on my pc and i succeed to play all my movies.
    So i only installed "Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.0.2.exe", "Media Player Classic" and "BSPlayer" (I had to install DirectX 9 in order to make them work).

And now, "Media Player Classic" and "BSPlayer" play my divx perfectly, but when i try to open an mkv with one of them, "Media Player Classic" is stucked at the beginning, and "BSPlayer" show me a green screen.

Please, help me playing my mkv..

Thanks a lot (and sorry for my english)
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

The *.mkv file could be corrupted. Moreover, matroska is a relatively uncommon container as compared to .avi or .ogm. If you're lucky, someone here might be familiar with it.

Try opening it using VDubMod and if it still doesn't work, may the force be with you.

Comment

• BoF
      • Nov 2001

cv_fr: try to uncheck the "Matroska filter" box into Media Player Classic properties.

Originally posted by WildmanJoe
      If you're lucky, someone here might be familiar with it.
      SuperChristianHJW !
      [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• ChristianHJW
        matroska project member
        • May 2003

As i already told you on corecodec.com, your MKV very likely contains RealVideo. This is obviously the most used codec in MKV container, simply because of its unrivalled quality for 1 CD rips.

To play those files, you need Realplayer installed on your system, in addition to the matroska full pack from http://packs.matroska.org .

RealAlternative ( realcodec.exe ) would do also, but it seems this pack is not available anymore, because RealNetworks ha stopped its distribution.

Dont try to play your RV9 MKV in Realplayer, this wont work, all thats necessary is to have it installed on your system so that the realmediasplitter filter in the matroska pack will find the Real DLLs for RV9/10 decoding.

Karl Lillevold, the Real Networks senior engineer, once was posting a how-to for installing RealOne with the least annoyance. I know he wont like what i am saying now, but i am quite happy i have an older version of realcodec.exe still on my HDD ... no need to have Realplayer installed, and still i can enjoy my RV9 MKVs with their outstanding quality .....
        Support the future of audio and video encoding, matroska as open standard container format and Gstreamer as open source, x-platform multimedia platform - Contact us on Corecodec, the concentric circles of audio and video, or on IRC.CORECODEC.COM #matroska ; for best viewing matroska file use The Core Media Player ( TCMP )

Comment

• QAOSbringer
          • Jan 2009

Hi, I have this problem with mkv and mp4 files. especially with mkv.

I use Vista, and installed k-lite codec pack.

Before formatting, mkv files were working very well with the codec pack. But after formatting, mkv files started to not work. Changes in latest codec pack? The new MPC home cinema edition? Don't know.

Do I really install realplayer and matroska full pack too, or can it be solved with tweaking the codec pack?

BTW, GOM player and VLC player shows the video. But GOM Player shows some of the videos squeezed, instead of the original resolution.

edit: hmm. I struggled some more and I think I solved the problem. Disabling the H264/AVC (DXVA) transform filter in the MPC, solved the problem.
          I don't know what it does, but seems like brokes the video playing.
          Last edited by QAOSbringer; 16 Aug 2009, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Death_Knight
            • Jul 2006

You can also use meteorite tool for repairing those corrupted MKV files.
            Free & Open sourced.

Comment

Working...