Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lexsis
    • Feb 2002

how do I combine MP3 to AVI files?

I am able to succesfully convert .VOB to .AVI but I get two files. I get the AVI file and I get a WAV file.

I found that the wav files are sometimes pretty large, so I converted them to MP3 (I turned a 120 meg wav into a 6 meg mp3)

Im able to combine the wav and avi files with no problem except this makes my very large video even larger.

does anybody know of a program that will let me combine MP3 files to AVI files.

thnx.
  • Endless Summer
    • Feb 2002

I'm not an expert but you should be able to compress the wav file in virtual dub

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

You can open the video in virtualdub. Set the Video as Direct Stream Copy and under the Audio tab, choose Full Processing Mode, click on Wav audio... and choose your wave file. From there you can manually choose your compressor (definitely MP3 right? ^_^), interleaving options and volume adjustment.

An even easier thing to do is what you have exactly done. Do the same thing as above but choose Direct Stream Copy for the Audio tab. Fool Virtualdub by changing the .mp3 extension of your audio track into .wav. Then, save as AVI.

One thing to note. I've not personally tried doing this before (MP3 Direct Streaming using Vdub), but it should work IMO. If you want to make sure, Nandub does support opening MP3 tracks for Direct Streaming. It's basically an enhanced version of Virtualdub, so if you're familiar with the latter, you shouldn't find that much difference with Nandub.

Comment

• lexsis
        • Feb 2002

I just downloaded Nandub but it is a .rar file...how do I open this, how do I use it.

also with virtualdub...I get a blank grey screen when I run it. if I use the priview view that shows my video, the video plays slow and choppy and looks nothing like what it does when I play it using other media players.

any ideas as to what if anything Im doing wrong.

thnx.

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

You can use Winrar or Powerdesk to open rar files. This format is very much like the compressed format zip. 'Un-rar' the files into a folder of your choice and open Nandub as you would Virtualdub.

Assuming you've got your video done (you can open it in media player and see the picture), and the MP3 track prepared separately (you're trying to combine them, aren't you?), follow the steps I wrote earlier. You need not worry about choppy preview. Just write back here about the results.

Comment

• lexsis
            • Feb 2002

Enchanter,

you should have seen the smile on my face ., every thing you said worked and Im delighted.

theres only one minor problem and Im sure theres a simple solution.

I was able to reduce the file to just over 300 megs down from over 800 megs by setting a start and end point, just what I wanted.

I was able to add the .wav file as the .mp3 file only made poping sound when played.

the only remaining promblem is that both video and sound are playing at reduced speed. slower than normal but faster than actual slow motion. maybe there are settings or something I could adjust and then try again?

thnx again for your help.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

As for the popping sound, I sometimes got the same thing too. This problem does not occur when the .wav is converted to .mp3 on the fly (Full Processing Mode). So this is one solution for you, though it will require a lot more space.

By the way, try replaying the scene where you got the pops and tell me if the same pop is heard. For me, the pops seem to occur only randomly.

Comment

• lexsis
                • Feb 2002

the pops are in the same location, in the first half.

any ideas on why the finished video is playing at reduced speed?

thnx.

Comment

• Enchanter
                  Old member
                  • Feb 2002

Hmm...you've got a different set of problems from me then

How do you interleave your MP3 track? I usually interleave every 300 frames (10 seconds of the movie), with adjustments to the audio delay to get the correct synch. between the audio and video.

By the way, does your original MP3 track play correctly?

Comment

• lexsis
                    • Feb 2002

dont know nothing about interleaving. the sound and video is syncronized, they just play at reduced speed. its faster than slow motion but slower than normal speed.

as for the original MP3 track, it plays just fine.

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Have a look at the interleaving option under the Audio tab. Probably the audio is interleaved at too small a frame interval. As I stated, I usually interleave them every 10 seconds of the movie, which means 250 frames for a 25fps movie, 300 frames for a 30fps movie and so on.

Comment

• lexsis
                        • Feb 2002

ok, there's a slight improvement so at least now I know what to do.

thanks for all your help.

Comment

• diman82
                          • Nov 2007

Video + Audio joining/merging using VirtualDub

Great answer, Enchanter!

Comment

• jaydeee
                            • Sep 2010

guess it is simply attainable with windows movie player.
                            I tried some before and it was successful.

Comment

• ichandu
                              • Nov 2010

good answer my friend........

-------------Enchanter!

Comment

Working...