Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave 99
    • Aug 2005

Problems with DVDs over 2 hours

If I back up a DVD that is two hours long, it works fine. But for some reason if the movie is two hours ten minuites, or more, it skips. I have tried removing extras, slowing down the burning speed, and multiple brands of blank DVDs from a wide price range. I`m new to the world of DVD back up and would appreciate any help I could get.
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

If it is skipping near the end of the movie, try customing the size of the output of the shrink/recode smaller. Could be burning too close to the edge of the DVD. If it skips anyplace else try slowing down the burn speed if your burning fast.
    Also maybe use a cleaning kit on the burner lasers.

Comment

• dave 99
      • Aug 2005

thank you for your suggestions I am not sure how to customize how small it shrinks aside from removing extras/menus.any help is much appreciated thank you

Comment

• jm1647
        • Apr 2005

If you are using DVD Shrink go to Preferences...File I/O tab and select custom and in the box type 4460 that's what I use.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

try jm1647 's suggestion with a 4x, or 2x burn speed with either a sony, maxell, or verbatim disc...
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• dave 99
            • Aug 2005

thank you

i was just able to back one up sorry for the late reply i have exams.thank you for your help this has drove me crazy for a while thank you

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

good to see you had success
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• jm1647
                • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by dave 99
                i was just able to back one up sorry for the late reply i have exams.thank you for your help this has drove me crazy for a while thank you
                @Dave99 - Glad it worked out - hit the books for the exams, watch and backup your DVD's later..
                I hope you ace all of them exams !!!

Good Luck

PS - wow mg: I went into father mode

Comment

Working...