Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dolomite41
    • Jul 2003

Problems with Video

I recentlly bought a laptop and i am in the process of installing all my codecs on the laptop as i have on my home Desktop. I am running into several problems with some things, you see i have had my desktop for years and i got it runnnig perfect. My problem is that i forgot what i have installed on the laptop. my first problem is running into an MPEG2 problem. i remember at first on my desktop i had the ELECARD moonlight MPEG2 decoder and it would bounce a white box around, i don't remember what i did, if i installed a different MPEG2 codec, but it stopped....i have recentlly put the ELECARD codec on my newly purchased laptop and the white box stays in the upper right hand corner of the screen. The MPEG2 files plays fine, but i would like that box gone, cause if i recall, the box will start to jump afterwhile. Next problem is that when i try to convert an MPEG2 file into a MPEG1 by using TMPGE, it does not load....all my mpeg 1 files will load, but no MPEG2 files. IS there anyway that i can delete and reload all of my codecs, I have FFDSHOW, AC3Filter and the ELECARD on my computer. If i post a screenshot of GSPOT of all my codecs on my desktop, and the ones on my laptop, could someone tell me what i need on my laptop.....i know this is a lot, but any help would be great.

Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

this is the same problem as the other day i see....well go to add/remove programs delete anything there, delete folders any trace of them you find.

have you tried the "stinky's mpeg-2" decoder?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• dolomite41
      • Jul 2003

Yes

Yes i have tried the stinky's, but is it a freeware program, or do i have to buy the program...i need something that has the full version of the codec...............i had it installed but when i ran GPSOT it said that i still had the ELECARD that i previously installed. I uninstaled ELECARD and it still seemed to be on there.....I will post the screen shot later of GSPOT and you can tell me where my prob is at.....i appreciate the help...i have been going crazy over these damn codecs

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

stinky's is free...
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• dolomite41
          • Jul 2003

Probs

oookay thanks....i am still having probs with this damn comp....do i need a DIVX codec to play some avis...if i try to load it into TMPGE without a DIVX codec, it will not register...also i have a program callled Boilsoft avi, mpeg asf file converter and it willl not open any of my avis...any help on this

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

I would recommend installing the DivX codec. It is the most common codec to encode movies with, besides XviD.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

half way down the list here are 2, the old one and newest one.
              Download free Codecs software. Software reviews. Changelog.
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• dolomite41
                • Jul 2003

okay thanks

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

"okay thanks"

let us know how it works out
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...