• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shulthise
    Professional Amateur
    • May 2003

mpg file beginnig with ".RMF" ???

Hi,

Got this mpg file (Charlie Chaplin vs Buster Keaton.mpg if you must know..) and i couldn't get it open in any player.

So I looked it up and it seems the video data is wrapped with some kind of header i'm not familiar with, which begins with ".RMF".

Can anybody explain what this file type/wrap is, and how can i extract the video from it, to be played in a normal player (say windows media player) ?

Thanks

Me
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i'd try the beatnik player

or videolan player.

load it in virtualdubmod and post the audio/video file info if you can...
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• shulthise
      Professional Amateur
      • May 2003

Sorry for being skeptic, but I got two questions before I go and install the apps you recommended:

1. Do you know what the “.RMF” thing is or did you just point to another powerful player that may or may not do the job ?

2. I couldn’t open the file with Virtual Dub. How would Virtual Dub MOD handle it differently?

Thanks

Comment

• shulthise
        Professional Amateur
        • May 2003

So, i think it's a Real Media audio file..

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

RMF is the file extension for the Rich Map Format associated with 3-D game engines. It is also the file extension for the Beatnik rich music format.

Virtual Dub MOD is a different program.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

i read that info about the rich media format too. i wanted to see if vdub could tell me about the file, so forget that now. according to that link beatnik should play it, and videolan player has it's own codecs and can play just about anything---that is why i suggested it.

update: the file is an .rm file. download and install "realplayer"
            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 18 Aug 2005, 10:53 AM.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...