Need Advice - Best way to transfer video content.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmg9981
    • Mar 2009

Need Advice - Best way to transfer video content.

Hello,

My company will be launching a new website that will offer an online video on demand service and I'm looking for advice on the best possible way to transfer the video content I receive into digital format for uploading.

I will have approximately 10,000 videos to upload, ranging from 5 minutes to 1.5 hours in length, which will be provided to me in a variety of formats ranging from VHS all the way to DigiBeta. Once I upload the content onto my online video platform, I already have a solution to encode the videos for publishing.

What will be the best way to transfer the video content to digital format while maintaining the best possible quality? I will be offering a pay per view service as well as a set-to-box that will offer customers the ability to steam the videos from my site directly to their TV, so the videos need to be the highest possible quality. I realize that I won’t be able to transfer a VHS tape into HD quality, but I at least want to be able to maintain the original quality of the video.

All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Denis
    BMG
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

FLV is good but is that the Quality BMG is looking for ... if he/she plans to charge for the Videos.

G!

Comment

Working...