Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warrenite
    • Feb 2006

audio problem

Hey guys. I tried searching before making this post but didn't find anything relating to this.

I just started copying (only two so far - Donnie Darko and Ghost of Emily Rose) and have run into the same problem with both.

After doing a re-author of just the film(s) itself, I'll open up the VTS files in my ATI player, Windows Media and/or DVDShrink and I'll have a terrible scratching sound (like clipping) that's relative to the audio - ie, quiet crackle on quiet noises, loud crackle on loud noises.

Is this common on playback via PC, and is it something that won't show up once burned? Or will this require me to re-copy the films? I decided to hold off on burning these so as not to waste discs...

Thanks for any help.
  • Derree
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

:

What you should do is a full disc rip and see if the noise is still there...or try playing the disc itself in your media plaer and see what happens
    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
    good
    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• warrenite
      • Feb 2006

Full disc and re-author both produce clipping (and this is with two different movies). If I play the film in any of my media players I don't have any audio problems - those happen only when I play the movie from my harddrive.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

You may want to try using power DVD, that is better software for playing movies. Then the windows media player.

Have you burned one yet? You may want to see if a burned disc does this there may be something wrong with the rip.

I have had strange things happen when I have used windows media palyer to watch movies though could just be that too.
        Last edited by photo_angel2004; 9 Feb 2006, 04:48 PM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• warrenite
          • Feb 2006

As an aside, I'm going to try to use DVDFab first, then DVDShrink to see what happens... I'll update in a few minutes.

Comment

• warrenite
            • Feb 2006

Okay, same problems. After running the film through DFab, any program I use to watch the files will play the "clipping" audio.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
              Queen of Digital Video
              Queen of Digital Video
              • Jan 2004

What happens when you play the burned disc? Do you still here the noise or does it play like the original DVD?

Comment

• warrenite
                • Feb 2006

I mentioned that earlier in the thread. I haven't burned either of the movies because I didn't want to waste any discs until I can get a better grasp of what my audio problem is.

I'm still doing searches on Google to see if I can dig up anything. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet tomorrow and burn a disc to see what happens.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2004

I would try to burn one and se if the noise is still there. I understand not wanting to waste a disc but that way you will know.

Once the disc has been burned you will also have a burn log which may show what is happening.

Comment

• Derree
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Jul 2005

I would take photo angels advice you need to do a burn to see if it just the media player or the rip I don't think there is a way around it.
                    sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                    good
                    -------------------------------------------

Comment

• Zero G
                      Next to Arch Stanton
                      • Jan 2006

I'll third this one on trying a disc. Discs are cheap enough to write off at least one. The disc may turn out fine too.
                      "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• warrenite
                        • Feb 2006

I didn't think to try this one, but it works (although it still doesn't tell me why I get the clipping).

I had been copying the dvds over to my d: drive... I copied one last night to my c: drive and I had no skipping. I just finished burning a disc, and everything works, so I guess I at least have a way around the problem now.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Comment

Working...