X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrGaric
    • Feb 2007

Software for TV Capture and Commercial removal

Hi,
    I just bought a TV Wonder 650 card and I'd like to record some TV shows, remove the commercials and save them as DivX files on disks I can watch on my TV.
    I've figured out how to do all of this, but I'm not sure if I'm using the best software.
    The card came with Catalyst Media Center and that's what I've been using to capture TV initially to MPEG format. Is there an alternative software I should consider? Is there a term for this type of software?
    I've tried removing commercials with Premiere, VirtualDub and VideoReDo. Should I try another one?

Thanks
  • hsoftwaremaster
    softwaremaster.awardspace .com
    • Feb 2007

First: the best software to capture is the software that comes with your card. And if you have hardware encoder on your card, you better use the format of it.
    So you use Catalyst Media Center, and if you have mpeg2 hardware encoder for your card, you better use it.
    From removing commercials, you better use the software that can remove commercials without re-encoding so you get the best quality and the fastest speed. For wmv there is Asfbin Master for avi there is Virtual dub but choose direct stream copy for the audio and video and for mpeg Mpeg Video Wizard and choose Automatic for the format.

Comment

Working...