Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m2k
    • Jun 2006

Help - first DVD project for work

Very entry level question, but here it goes...

My company has put together a very basic training DVD. It's about 1.5 hrs long, has a menu divided into 3 chapters, has a few basic titles and the rest is just exam footage. The problem is, throughout the recordings of the exam footage, the examinee's ID number is displayed on screen. We just need to put a gray bar over the ID number whenever it appears throughout the DVD. Someone tried to do this at home, but didn't have sufficient resources. This is where I come in.

I have a really good workstation (top of the line Dell 690) and the latest Adobe Video Suite. I've only worked with raw footage in Premiere so far and took a few tutorials in EncoreDVD. I'm trying to figure out the steps of what I need to do to block out the ID and redo the DVD.

Someone else put the DVD together, so I don't have the raw footage, titles, or the menu files - just what's on the DVD. DO I have to rip the footage from the DVD, add a layer for the gray bar, and export the footage by chapter to .avi files? Then do I have to put it all together and redo the menu in EncoreDVD and export the final project to DVD?
    Last edited by m2k; 9 Feb 2007, 03:20 AM.
Working...