Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Time Lord 1
    • Jul 2009

Wide screen to full screen

I am rather new at this, so please excuse if I don't understand at first.

Anyone know of a good easy to use program to convert wide screen DVD's to full screen?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
  • matthew67
    • Jul 2009

See this thread

I found an old thread a long time ago in this forum. forum.digital-digest.com/archive/index.php/t-4539.html Excuse me for not a link. Just because I haven't posted enough posts. See if you can get some help from it.

Comment

• Veejo
      • Jul 2009

There are software packages that'll allow you to do this in a roundabout fashion although none that I know of that'll do it without having to rip and re-encode. From what I remember something like ImToo will allow you to rip it and resize to 4:3 (which is what I assume you're after). Expect some quality loss though in the rip/re-encode process.

Chris
      Last edited by Veejo; 29 Jul 2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Time Lord 1
        I am rather new at this, so please excuse if I don't understand at first.

Anyone know of a good easy to use program to convert wide screen DVD's to full screen?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
        I've used FitCD to go in the other direction. See if this tutorial helps:
        Hello all.. i have a xvid source file with the following properties: FPS = 23.97 Resolution = 576x240 Aspect (i think) = (2.40:1) I'm using TMPGEnc to

(the stuff how to use FitCD is about 1/2 way down the thread)

Comment

Working...