Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chicosgurrl
    • Sep 2010

burn copy of home video from dvd rw

I have a home video of a party that I need to make copies of but every program I use says there is an error half way through. I've noticed the DVD is very scratched. Is it the scratches or something else? I was using dvd shrink then power iso and dvd fab8. Any suggestions?
  • Abuilder
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Oct 2006

Hi
    I have had very good luck recovering badly scratched/damages CD’s & DVD’s using Isomaster. After getting a good working copy, try ImgBurn to make multiple copies.
    Recover data quickly! Recover data from CD, DVD, BD, HDD, Flash drive, USB stick, media card, SD and SSD with IsoBuster - The award winning, highly specialized and easy to use Memory card, CD, DVD, Hard Disk, SD, Compact CF, MMC, card data recovery software. IsoBuster supports all optical disc formats, Hard Drives, Memory cards, Flash disk formats and all common file-systems: NTFS, UDF, FAT etc.!

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

Good Luck
    They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

• talito
      • Nov 2010

hello, i am new at this, i really need some help.
      My problem is this; After i burn my movies (i use imgburn, nero) when i play it on my computer it works fine, but when i play it on my dvd player, i get some errors, a lot of white and colors boxes start showing up until they freeze my movie. I dont know what to do the error is only on dvd players, what should i do? need some help please

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by talito
        hello, i am new at this, i really need some help.
        My problem is this; After i burn my movies (i use imgburn, nero) when i play it on my computer it works fine, but when i play it on my dvd player, i get some errors, a lot of white and colors boxes start showing up until they freeze my movie. I dont know what to do the error is only on dvd players, what should i do? need some help please
        What kind of video is it? What blanks do you use? It sounds like your burner doesn't like your blanks. What I do until I know which blanks my burner likes, I go to a brick & mortar store and buy a 5 pack. If they burn great, I use DVD Info to find out who makes them(for instance if it says Memorex it could be made by ProDisc or Ritek or anybody.) Once you know which discs will work then you can buy them by the spindle online and save money.

If they don't burn well, try a 5 pack by a different brand.

I've had very good luck with Verbatim. Some people swear by TY. But what matters is which ones burn well in your machine.

If they all show pixelation, blocky colors, using different blanks, then your conversion or video source may be bad.

Comment

Working...