• Nov 2002

You to Loco!

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Originally Posted by locoeng
      It should actually make a DVD compliant file...

...but I'm beginning to think this is a wild goose chase. It appears to be false advertising by softpedia and I won't be recommending this one again.
      so from the looks of it and what you have posted here as a description of nero recode, the digital component is an option and doesn't compose of the whole nero recode program. correct? i understand it works only w/non-copy righted media. my concern was whether or not it was strictly limited to encoding to digital which i have no use for as of this moment. so if the digital part is just an added feature to the main recode of dvd-video then i'll snatch me the ultra edition. just need confirmation on this. thnx fellas.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

Originally Posted by Chewy
        let me clarify something, afaik and my googling conforms there are no free versions of nero anything, never have, and never will be, softpedia links to either a hacked pirated version or just the demo part that you would be better off getting from ahead, the one and only official nero distributor

the best deal on nero is buy the right dvd burner and get the oem/express disk with it

if you want the full blown deluxe nero then there's a clearance on 7 right now
        40$, half price

or for any current users with a valid serial number, including the one you got with a dvd burner, you can preorder nero 8 full for 50$
        hi chewy. thnx for the link to that lite-on burner. is the nero software it comes w/just the burning-rom, or is it the deluxe edition? also that lite-on is an ide is that still a good buy? i do have a sata connection open for one burner on my pc. if it's still a great catch w/nero then that's fine. if there's a sata lite-on w/nero then that's even better. or is it? sata's been more or less the choice w/most of the guys in the forum. at least from many of the posts i've read so far.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

I can assure you that the Nero 7 version of Recode that I use will do what you want it to do. As chewy stated, there are some deals to be had out there for Nero right now.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Originally Posted by locoeng
            I can assure you that the Nero 7 version of Recode that I use will do what you want it to do. As chewy stated, there are some deals to be had out there for Nero right now.
            hi loco. hi fellas. i installed the nero 7 essentials that came w/my new lite-on. jmet says in his sticky on nero recode that he copies it onto his hard drive to burn it later w/nero burning rom. does the 7essentials that came w/my burner include nero burning rom? i've been putting the destination as my burner and the temporary folder as my documents/nero recode. it copies it and burns right after. is nero burning rom the application that's burning it?

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

is nero burning rom the application that's burning it
              check the nero log?

C:\ProgramFiles\Nero\Nero 7\Core\NeroHistory.log

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

nero 7 home essentials oem:

hi again fellas. can the nero home essentials 7 that came w/my lite-on be upgraded to newest version of 7 w/out me subsequently having to purchase the whole thing after the 30 day trial? or is this just a trial version of nero 7 period. if so then i'd have to see the difference between prices on the deals out there or what they're offering me through this trial version. throw me some suggestions on this. appreciated as always.

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

your essential is not a trial version, crippled yes, trial no

you don't get 70-80$ software with a 45$ burner

however it will do most "essential tasks"

updates(not upgrades or trials) are usually the same downloads for your version as the regular premium version

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Download - Nero 7 Ultra Edition ENHANCED - Update
                    Centre de téléchargement Nero - Découvrez nos produits ! ✓Nero Platinum Suite ✓Nero Single Products ✓Nero Content Packs ✓Free Products ✓Free Tools ✓Windows Store Apps ► Plus d'infos ici

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

thnx chewy. these versions are a lil pita. yeh there's something in the essentials crippled version that talks about buying some plug=in to enhance my essentials. also something about updates to 7. is this link good for my crippled version. i guess it's probably the same update offered through the oem.

now check this out i used recode on some dvd's and everything went ok. that was at full movie. when i used it's disabled function to eliminate the menus and extras it stopped burning at 38% and 78% on the same flick. it also stopped almost at the end when using imgburn to burn an .iso from the same movie. re-authored also to copy movie only. now this flick is messed up somewhere or i can't use the disabled functions w/recode's crippled version, or can't re-author it w/shrink either.

look what imgburn told me:

I/O error!
                      Device:[1:1:0] lite-on dvdrw lh-20ail bl04 (e (ata)
                      Scs:status:0x02
                      Interpretation: Check Condition

and so on...

i've received this error before from last lg burner on other occasions so i'm not going to put it on my new lite-on yet. i'll try w/some other video and keep you guys posted. any feedback on this welcomed as usual. thnx.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

check the nero log?

C:\ProgramFiles\Nero\Nero 7\Core\NeroHistory.log
                        i know nero's burning it cause it showed a log when doing so. i just can't see where nero burning rom is on this crippled version. on my old nero 6 it broke up all the compartments and there was no problem choosing from rom or express. can u give me a quick pick me up on what this crippled home essentials has and how limited it is? i'll definitely appreciate this.

bottom line i'll need full operating version anyway for certain projects. thnx.

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

video conversions, compression/reauthoring are best done where the output is saved to the hard drive and then checked for problems

then and only if everything is fine do you burn

I call this the manual method, auto is for after all the bugs are worked out and you understand the whole process and are just lazy

Comment

• dr_ml422
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • May 2007

your essential is not a trial version, crippled yes, trial no

you don't get 70-80$ software with a 45$ burner

however it will do most "essential tasks"

updates(not upgrades or trials) are usually the same downloads for your version as the regular premium version
                            chewy this home essential thing tells me "thnx for trying out this 30 day trial". it quoted that w/different applications in essentials. i'm totally frustrated w/this. the version of recode that came w/this doesn't have the main movie feature, like depicted in jmet's sticky. also from what i see it seems like one could purchase the different components separately. i want to have the fully loaded recode like in jmet's sticky along w/all the other goodies it comes with. what is exactly the name of the nero 7 package i need to have so i could get it? updates will not give me all the features to this free version. right?

that $40 dollar clearance on 7 will that have all the features? if so i'll just snatch it and get it over with. thnx.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

pay them the 40$ if you must but you may not have found the essentials equivalent

yet for reauthoring with recode

Comment

• dr_ml422
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • May 2007

pay them the 40$ if you must but you may not have found the essentials equivalent

yet for reauthoring with recode
                                chewy, you mean the $40 bundle doesn't come with the reauthoring option in recode? or the free version i have can't do it? it does disable menus and extras, but it didn't burn completely. but then again the source dvd i tried didn't burn w/reauthoring in shrink either.

Comment

Working...