Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

Mp3 Basics

Guys I am trying to make n MP3 CD....the thing is the files loaded on my music folder when I rip CDs into media player are not in an MP3 format so I am not sure how to convert them.

I have been trying to read around for mp3 basics please indicate where I can go and read up or help with a soultion

Thanks
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

1. DONT use media player to extract audio cd
    use CDex or EAC instead! a forum search will provide more information

2. SUPER 2006 is a freeware converter which should let you convert your current format to mp3

Comment

• Phillip
      • May 2006

Is this the time when I buy an MP3 converter only to come to the forums and find that I bought a free software and I have been ripped????

Where can i get the audio file converter software...i have tried to read around but i am not winning

Comment

• Phillip
        • May 2006

thanks uncm...we seem to hve posted simultaneoulsy

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

best audio transcoder imho is BeHappy, inputs all formats (specifically anything that plays via dshow), outputs all major formats

CDex is great for ripping
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Phillip
            • May 2006

I have tried to download mediacoder and super2006 but my pc takes hours to download and husttles coz I am using bluetooth for connection.Both of these files are about 20 MG

Anony- where do I learn about BeHappy? I am able to use belight but it only takes one file at the time I need something faster....I also downloaded ease audio converter which works good but only converts 30 files for trial version....please help guys how can I dowload more files to Belight than one at a time nd where do I learn about Behappy??

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

iirc behappy requires .NET 2 and that is mighty big compared to those 20mb

here is the home of behappy:

use BELIGHT instead - it will let you open more than one file in a row and thus batch conversion is a child's play
              Last edited by UncasMS; 10 Jul 2006, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

yup net framework is needed; if you really can't be bothered downloading it & you're after batch transcoding then belight is probably the way to go
                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...