• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TahoCliffhucker
    Newby
    • Jul 2006

Nero recode Freezes

Hi,

I am trying to backup "Kicking and Screaming" .
    I do not know if my problem is related to this particular movie or if it is the software; for this is the first time I am using this program to burn.

I am using to DVD drives (no ripping), Region +CSS and Nero 6 with Nero Recode.

I get through advanced analysis and then it stops at about ~.4% while "Compiling DVD volume started" phase. The video preview shows that it is stopped at the menu just before the movie.

I have tried different types of blank dvds.
    I am using Nero 6.6.0.14 bundled with Nero recode v. 2.2.6.16.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Test the movie with shrink, rip it to your hard drive, then play it off the hard drive. Burn manually with nero after that.

Comment

• TahoCliffhucker
      Newby
      • Jul 2006

shrink error

Chewy,

thanks for the help.

I tried to use shrink and I recieved this error ~47% into it:

DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
      Failed to read file "G:\"
      Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

G is the drive the movie is in.

I am trying to read everythig. I did see that this is one error that can occur with Shrink.

I suppose I need to study some more.

thanks again

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

You might want read some error info. You might also want to take a look at the new kid on the block, RipIt4Me & it's user guide.
        Last edited by soup; 16 Jul 2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• TahoCliffhucker
          Newby
          • Jul 2006

I'm trying everything

Soup,

thanks for the suggestions.

I am spending the night searching and reading up to try and get this dvd burning to be easy when i do not have the time to go thrrough all the possible hassles.

I ideally want to burn disc to disc.

I could ask you if I need to rip some first or if Ripit4me can do disc to disc, But youll just give me a search link or something.

So, I will just spend the next 8 hours figuring it out so I can go back to workk.

And then when someone asks me for help I'll tell them to search.

Cheers

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

I help them who help themselves first.

I would have told you the same thing soup did, so please be alittle more respectful to our members and do us all a favor and explore the links soup posted above.

Comment

• TahoCliffhucker
              Newby
              • Jul 2006

searchin links

Jmet,

Like I said, i am thankful for any help and also like I said, I am spending the evening researching all links givin to me as well as all the user guides to all the programs I am learniong.

Thanks

Comment

• jmet
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2002

I could ask you if I need to rip some first or if Ripit4me can do disc to disc, But youll just give me a search link or something.

So, I will just spend the next 8 hours figuring it out so I can go back to workk.

And then when someone asks me for help I'll tell them to search.
                Don't try to play the innocent type with me. That was so sarcastic and rude. Good luck on finding help!

Comment

• TahoCliffhucker
                  Newby
                  • Jul 2006

Not entirly

Jmet,

My statement was not entirely sarcastic.

I was simply accepting that I should/could find answers to my questions through searches and am realizing this.

And, I am very serious when I say I am spending the next 8 hours researching everything. I work 70 hours a week (not on a computer) and have little time to sort all this out. So I am devoting tonight to dvd stuff.

I do appreciate any help and links and am sorry if I came off rude. I have become increasingly friustrated with dvd burning and time constraints don't help.

Again thanks for the help.

This is where I am at.
                  the error I got suggests that I need to use something else to decrypt.
                  It seems to me that dvd decrypter wont work either and I need to use PLS2 and the pluggin. but I now have 10 programs to work with and see what does what etc.

Cheers

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

your title yields nothing on a search, that tells us it's
                    rippable by shrink. your error and that clue yield only one conclusion, it's the disk and/or your reader(drive).

Comment

• copyless
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Apr 2006

Dowload the program RipIt4Me from the link supplied by soup above. Once you have it installed, open it and click on downloads and install any of the programs that you do not already have. This program is easy to use and should be able to handle any DVD available at this time. By now you probably have read about the error message and the causes, RI4M will also let you know if your disc is scratched. As it is most likely a scratched disc.

I know that you have said that you would like to copy disc to disc, but I would lose this notion, it is not recommended. I would suggest that you rip to your HD with RI4M and then burn to your disc with ImgBurn or the burning program of your choice.

Comment

• TahoCliffhucker
                        Newby
                        • Jul 2006

1 conclusion

Chewy,

Hmm, I tried Legacy DVD-R 8x and a Verbatim.

I went through the golden rules and checked my drives through my Device manager.

I checked for firmware updates.

I also tried cleaning the disc.

Right now I am trying DVD Fab to rip and then I will try to compress and burn with nero recode.

Any other suggestions as to your conclusion?

I have Lite-on drives

Thanks

Comment

• TahoCliffhucker
                          Newby
                          • Jul 2006

RipIt4Me

Copyless,

Alot of people have been talking up RipIt4me. I downloaded itr. Now I need to read the guides.

I suppose I could resurface the disc and try again!?

I would lose this notion, it is not recommended. I would suggest that you rip to your HD with RI4M and then burn to your disc
                          I was wondering about this.

Although A friend says he's burned 100 movies w/ ~95% success just using region+css and Nero going disc to disc.

Are there certain discernable situations that would flag me to rip first? Conversly, are ther certain movies you would automatically know that it would be an easy disc to disc burn (beyond no copyright curvballs).

DVD fab is taking forever.
                          I will try rip it to see if I get the disc scratch warning. then if so , I will resurface it and see if it works how I want it to ----region+css and nero disc to disc.

Cheers
                          Thanks

Comment

• copyless
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Apr 2006

The only time I would attempt to burn disc to disc, would be when copying a back up. Since this has already been encoded and has no copy protection. All other times rip it first.

When RI4M starts DVDD you can also try lowering the read speed, some have had to lower it all the way to 1x to get it to read some scratched areas, but this is an option also. Start lowering it until hopefully you can read the entire disc.
                            Last edited by copyless; 16 Jul 2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• TahoCliffhucker
                              Newby
                              • Jul 2006

Rip vs burn

Copyless,

So the success rate is greatly increased by ripping first?

And, I suppose if burning direct does not work it just takes longer in the long run? so you might as well rip first.?

Do you does this becuse you store movies on your HD? or you don't have two DVD drives? or it just has a better success rate?

How does my friend have so much success just using regioncss and Nero?

thanks again for the guidance

Comment

Working...