Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micpat84
    • Oct 2005

can not back up a movie

i own the movie pirates of the caribbean and i am having trouble backing it up because it is too big. it stops reading 60% through. i there a program that i can copy it to two discs. i tried dvd decrypter and it would not work. i also tried just extracting the main movie titles. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

what error(s) did you get with both software?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• micpat84
      • Oct 2005

"error at 0/16 or something" like that. i will post again when it happenes. it seems like it only compresses a certain amout of the movie.

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

micpat84 - If you tried to rip it with DVD Decrypter post the log from DVD Decrypter. A reportedly easy to use program to go from DVD9 - DVD5 is recommended here and there is a link to get it

Comment

• BabySimba
          • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by micpat84
          i own the movie pirates of the caribbean and i am having trouble backing it up because it is too big. it stops reading 60% through. i there a program that i can copy it to two discs. i tried dvd decrypter and it would not work. i also tried just extracting the main movie titles. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
          I can backup the main movie, just have to uncheck the DTS box to get it to fit. I am trying to find away to do the whole disc (including the DTS setting).

I decrypted in file mode, used menushrink, than fixVTS, and now am trying to shink it, but I want the whole movie including the DTS. Backing up to a single layer disc 4.7GB.

Did it decrypt ok? Did you check maybe you don't have enough memory space on your hard drive for the DVD Shrink to go to.

EDIT
          My back up worked no problem, the way I suggested. I just had to uncheck the DTS box because the disk was to large even for DVD shrink. No big deal I got most of the movie, just missing theatre surround sound.
          Last edited by BabySimba; 1 Feb 2006, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...