TMPG won’t join “Anachronistic Time Stamp”- Setarip?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flussoscuro
    • May 2005

TMPG won’t join “Anachronistic Time Stamp”- Setarip?

I have downloaded a group of mpg clips, and they all play fine in Win media player.

But TMPG reports they have no video stream, and joins only the sound files.

When opened in Vdub I get this report:

Anachronistic or discontinuous timestamp found in video stream 0 at byte position 12304, from 0 to 6259795. This may indicate an improper join.

Anachronistic or discontiuous timestamp found in audio stream 0 at byte position 28688, from 0 to 6259795. This may indicate an improper join.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem so that I can join the clips?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i've had this error too. i'll assume all mpg's are the same. open one up in vdub>file>file information.

post the screenshot of all the file details.

btw, do you have directshow file reader riased in tmpgenc?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Flussoscuro
      • May 2005

Yes, in Environmental setting box is ticked, priority zero for directshow file reader.

How do I correct the files?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Flussoscuro
        Yes, in Environmental setting box is ticked, priority zero for directshow file reader.
        no good. right click it and set the priority higher untill it's the highest value in the list (usually 2). these are captures i see. you're best bet is to encode these files with the NTSC VCD template (not NTSC film)--join them after that.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

352x240 resolution using a bitrate of 307 kbps. that's a low video bitrate. what does the video look like ?

Comment

• Flussoscuro
            • May 2005

The video quality seems prety poor.

Colombo: I tried what you suggested. The mpeg file size increased from 2.5 Mb to 10.0 Mb!

Otherwise, there was no difference, the video had sound and picture dropouts.

Incidently, I fixed a different set of anachronistic timestamp files by joining them with Boilsoft's mpeg joiner. But it did not work on this set.

Any other ideas?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

not really. i'd probably do some editing and cutting with virtualdub and play around with it, but it sounds like your source files are poor and flawed to start with....
              Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...