Problem Joining AVI with VirtualDub (Sound Error)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PopuVamp
    • Jan 2006

Problem Joining AVI with VirtualDub (Sound Error)

I'm trying to join two Xvid files with virtualdubmod and it seems to process fine but when i watch the movie exactly where the files are joined there is this beep loud noise. the video looks fine and seems to transition ok, but it's just the sound that goes weird for a second, anyway to avoid or fix this?
    thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

try to make the splice one or two frames before the end of file 1 and one or 2 frames after the start of file 2. i get this sometimes joining mpeg's and this always works. sometimes it's so loud i damn near fly right off my chair
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• PopuVamp
      • Jan 2006

It worked!

Thanks, i tried it and it took the sound away, you were right. i took away two frames on each part. the only weird thing is that where the frames are missing it looks slightly funny, like it gets sped up for a second.......i'm going to play around with it...
      thanks

Comment

• PopuVamp
        • Jan 2006

Quick Update

I tried it again and just took away one frame on each side using virtualdub and now it runs really smoothly and no sound anymore! Thanks!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

yep, depending on how the files are done. too bad the second file isn't "overlapped" (know what i mean)? but you might be able to get a away with just one frame - on one file. like you said play around, you'll get it. better than that horrible noise

EDIT: just seen your update, excellent!
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Flussoscuro
            • May 2005

Columbo,

I have been having the same "BEEP" problem with AVI and MPEG.

But how do you physically spice one or two frames short? Seems to me you have to load the clip, use the tie in tie out brackets, and then resave a slightly shorter clip., do this for every clip, and THEN join them.

Or is there a simpler way?

And can you really do it, I mean what about GOP key frames?

Comment

Working...