X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zep73
    • Oct 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
    Download Everest it will show you what your computer supports.I posted an example below

What filters are you trying to use anyway?Please demonstrate how you write your script this will help us help you
    i used the example that you posted a few days ago....but i used removegrainsse2

when i removed the filters, it (hcencoder) still didnt work...it had worked fine until now....i dont know what you mean by open avs in windows media player

Comment

• zep73
      • Oct 2006

i guess i cant use sse...i got this message\
      \

SSE is not supported. Upgrade your CPU to speed up applications optimized for SSE.

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

If you downloaded removegrain from here it should have this dll and it should work on your PC

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• daimyodrum
          • Oct 2006

Originally Posted by jdobbs
          Where did you put those? Are you using the filter editor.

It's easy enough to see if they are in use, they will be in every AVS file -- which can be viewed with Notepad...
          Yes I am using the filter editor box to input text in. Are these AVS files to be found in the 'working' folder?

Comment

• BR7
            He is coming to your little town!
            • Aug 2005

Yes they are in the working folder

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• zep73
              • Oct 2006

im still getting this message when hc opens up...is there something i may have pushed .....well i thought i might have had the filter thing figured out, but when i started the dvd rebuilder and ran it, when the hc encoder opened up, i got this message

runtime error!!

program:C:\program files\DVD-RBPRO\encoders\hc encoder\hcbatch.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
              please contact the application's support team for more info..

Mark

Comment

• techreactor
                Banned
                • Jul 2005

Have you tried removing the "loadplugin" command from the script. Just put the filters in the avisynth plugin folder(only the supported version and not all) and remove the loadplugin command from the filter editor.

Comment

• zep73
                  • Oct 2006

The filters are obviously not working. As a result you are getting an illegal size that will not be accepted by the encoder. The illegally sized output is actually a video representation of an error message provided by AVISYNTH.

Try this. Open one of the AVS files with Windows Media Player after doing PREPARE. It should display the error it is receiving in red text on a black background. It will also tell you the line number that is the offending filter/action.

Here is the text from the change log from when the filter editor was added.

- Added an Expert AVS option in which you can add text that will be added to AVS
                  files. This is meant to support filters -- but can also be used to activate
                  other AVISYNTH commands. This is an EXPERT OPTION. If you are not intimately
                  familiar with AVISYNTH... leave it alone. It can make your encodes fail
                  completely if incorrectly used. Note: Don't use blank lines.

I highly recommend that folks DO NOT USE FILTERS unless you have a specific reason for doing so. Remember -- filters distort the original, and when used indescretely will hurt the output quality rather than help it. The same filter that might improve the appearance of a poorly built original disc, might degrade one that is of better quality.
                  well just to check, i removed the plugin folder from avisynth and hc 19.1 started working again......should i remove all the filters from this folder, and learn 1 filter at a time???

Comment

• techreactor
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2005

Like I said, you dont have to extract all versions of the filter in the plugin folder of avisynth.

re-create the plugin folder and add only the specific version of filter that your machine supports. for eg if it does not support SSE just put the removegrain.dll in the plugin folder and not the others.

Comment

• jdobbs
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      Digital Video Enthusiast
                      • Sep 2004

Sometimes you have to be very careful before adding filters to the plug-in folder. There are a lot of filters out there -- and some of them use the same function names. When that happens AVISYNTH has to decide which is the one you really want somehow -- if you're not familiar with how it makes that decision (I'm not), it becomes a crapshoot as to whether you're getting what you think you are.

Also, if you're using the "LoadPlugIn()" function, there's really no reason why the filter has to be in the AVISYNTH plug-in folder. You could put it anywhere. The ones in the plug-in folder don't need "LoadPlugin()"

I reemphasize... use filters very discretely. If you have a dot problem, use undot(), but don't just add it (or any other filter) "just in case". An incorrectly applied filter might, very possibly, double or triple your encode time while making your encode actually look worse.
                      Last edited by jdobbs; 24 Oct 2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• zep73
                        • Oct 2006

Sometimes you have to be very careful before adding incorrectly applied filter might, very possibly, double or triple your encode time while making your encode actually look worse.
                        script error syntax error
                        cprogram error dvdrbpro currentavs line 7 column 60

that was from preview/edit screen in dvd-rb

my script was

"C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\RemoveGrainSSE3.dll")
                        "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Deen.dll")
                        RemoveGrain(mode=2)
                        deen()

Comment

• techreactor
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2005

Post the script completely, its reporting problem at line 7 you have posted only 4 lines, are there any blank spaces/lines below these ???

Comment

• jeo
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Feb 2004

zep73
                            we need the complete script with the source path and what cpu you're using...nothing more in this moment!..this is your part.

and care of this recommendation:
                            I reemphasize... use filters very discretely. If you have a dot problem, use undot(), but don't just add it (or any other filter) "just in case". An incorrectly applied filter might, very possibly, double or triple your encode time while making your encode actually look worse.
                            regards
                            Last edited by jeo; 25 Oct 2006, 08:40 PM.
                            still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• jdobbs
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              Digital Video Enthusiast
                              • Sep 2004

my script was

"C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\RemoveGrainSSE3.dll")
                              "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Deen.dll")
                              RemoveGrain(mode=2)
                              deen()
                              I'm sorry, but you really need to do some basic learning of AVISYNTH before you attempt to use these filters. This script couldn't possibly work. Notice you have a ")" terminating the first line? There is no opening "(" -- also you can't just add paths into the file without the LoadPlugin() command or something that has a path for an argument.. you also can't use SSE based filters on a processor that doesn't support SSE...

As the CHANGE LOG stated about filters: "This is an EXPERT OPTION. If you are not intimately familiar with AVISYNTH... leave it alone."

I don't mean to seem unsympathetic or harsh, but you are, very clearly, not familiar with AVISYNTH. You may want to go to this site and do some reading.

Remove all the filters, uninstall AVISYNTH, then reinstall DVD-RB using the installer (it will reinstall AVISYNTH for you). That will get you back to a good starting point where everything works.
                              Last edited by jdobbs; 26 Oct 2006, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• zep73
                                • Oct 2006

thanks

Comment

Working...