• jeo
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Feb 2004

Originally Posted by UncasMS
    what error exactly did you get?

the script looks fine to me
    let me try to help BR7 too UncasMS.

yes,the script seems ok and i did a prepare mode using the same filters and adjusts.my FluxSmooth25.dll is from 10-18-04 and undot from 06-07-04,check yours dlls versions.

hint:
    open the V01000000001001.AVS (the first .avs) from d2vavs folder in vdub and see if is running without error messages.
    if you see the movie,means that the filters,avisynth and the .d2v files are fine and we can forget this stage.

regards
    still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

let me try to help BR7 too UncasMS
      you're more than welcome any given time ^_~

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

Thanks UncasMS and jeo my filters where out dated I am trying to get all my stuff back in order after having a new hdd put in it's hard to remember everything
        thanks again guys

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• BR7
          • Aug 2005

On the Sopranos I finally found a way to get rid of that heavy blurring around the lettering I have had a problem with that for a while it also took care of the blur that surrounded some of the images in the series

This was one of the bad images in the show it cleared most of it up nicely if anyone else has a better way please share I would like to get these looking as best as I can. I will post what I used later on
          I should also state that I was using HC16A
          EDIT
          Here is what I used
          RemoveGrain(mode=2)
          UnDot()
          Deen()
          asharp(1,2)
          DCTFilter(1,1,1,1,1,1,0.5,0)
          First I tried Techs script it did good but I wanted more so I went back and used filters based on other peoples suggestions and comments about the filters they were using and pieced it together so I should credit jeo and tech also
          Last edited by BR7; 1 Feb 2006, 04:58 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• laserfan
            • Mar 2005

BR7, could you please edit your post to include the exact script you used? Thanks.

Oops, just noticed you said you'll post "later on"--I will hold you to that!

Comment

• techreactor
              Banned
              • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7

EDIT
              Here is what I used
              RemoveGrain(mode=2)
              UnDot()
              Deen()
              asharp(1,2)
              DCTFilter(1,1,1,1,1,1,0.5,0)
              First I tried Techs script it did good but I wanted more so I went back and used filters based on other peoples suggestions and comments about the filters they were using and pieced it together so I should credit jeo and tech also
              BR7,

I am happy that you are satisfied with your results but I think you are adding unnecessary time to your processing by using so many filters. With removegrain() you dont need to use Undot().

Removegrain(mode=1) is exactly like Undot() and slightly better speeds, so mode=2 is better.

Deen() is a 3D denoiser i.e. good

Asharp() as the names say is a sharpener, and since you have used it in a very mild form, its a personal preference. personally I have seen, it increases the contrasts for the video and brings out some artifacts.

I dont think I need to say more about DCTfilter, I think Jeo has explained enough earlier in this post.

So try this script which should also bring out similar results....faster :

RemoveGrain(mode=2)
              Deen()
              asharp(1,2) (optional: PP)

Comment

• BR7
                • Aug 2005

Thanks tech I will give it a shot and post results. I was getting them pixilated squares in the intro to the sopranos I thought that's what undot was for thanks for clearing it up.What would be a good filter to correct that?It wasn't nothing heavy they showed up once or twice and lasted it about 2 sec in the intro
                Last edited by BR7; 2 Feb 2006, 04:40 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• techreactor
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                  Thanks tech I will give it a shot and post results. I was getting them pixilated squares in the intro to the sopranos I thought that's what undot was for thanks for clearing it up.What would be a good filter to correct that?It wasn't nothing heavy they showed up once or twice and lasted it about 2 sec in the intro
                  On DVD sources, use Mpeg2source( ".d2v filepath" , cpu=4, idct=7) for slight deblocking post processing. It can also be caused due to lack of required bitrates, in which case there is no correction, except to increase the bitrates by any means possible (remove extras etc).

Comment

• techreactor
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2005

Explanation of Lremovedust script

Let me take this opportunity to explain Lremovedust() function for the understanding of all, since IMO its a good script and is quite fast.

Plugin's you will need :
                    Removegrain ver 0.9 or higher (RemoveGrain v1.0 prerelease)
                    Removegrain.dll
                    Repair.dll
                    SSEtools.dll

Use SSE2/3 ver if your CPU supports it.

I use Lremovedust(17,1)

function LRemoveDust(clip input, int clmode, int "limit")

#Clip input = your video
                    #clmode=17
                    #limit = 1

{
                    limit=default(limit,1)
                    clmode=default(clmode,17)

#Defines default values in case no parameters are passed

repmode = 2

#Defines parameter to be used in the repair function.

clensed = Clense(input)

#Uses the clense function,part of removegrain, but gives artifacts so should be used only in tandem with repair function. Video is cleaned and assigned to clensed variable. Clense is a Temporal filter.

rep = Repair(clensed, input, mode=repmode)

#Repair function(repair.dll) is used and assigned to rep variable.Repair is used to remove artifact from previous filters and requires both original and processed video to compare. Repmode = 2 means a milder form, 1-4 are mild. Repair is a spatial filter.

rg = RemoveGrain(rep, mode=clmode)

#Finally removegrain is used to clean the rest of the video. RemoveGrain is a purely spatial denoiser. here removegrain mode=17 (as passed by me initially)

return LimitChange(rg, input, limit)

#Limitchange is a function of SSEtools.dll which here is limiting smoothing for luma only.Chroma smoothing is not limited if you pass limitU=255 otherwise default value i.e.10 or 11 is used as limit values. Chroma can be processed more aggressively before it becomes noticable to our eyes, therefore you can try adding limitU=255. Here limit=1 processes 1 adjacent pixels and is used for DVD sources.
                    }

In brief,clense aggressively removes all temporal dirt but also introduces many artifacts. Repair then removes these artifacts but also restores all bigger pieces of dirt. While most of the motion artifacts from Clense are removed by Repair, motion does gets blurred quite a bit, but still static areas are not touched. Finally RemoveGrain removes the left over from Clense.

Conclusion:

RemoveGrain is a purely spatial denoiser, but in combination with Clense and the Repair functions comes out as a more powerful and faster spatio-temporal denoiser.
                    Last edited by techreactor; 2 Feb 2006, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

This is very helpful thanks a lot for taking the time to post it

------------------------------------------
                      EDIT
                      I didn't want to make a new post so I just continued this one I tried QuEnc today with trellis on I have to say it's slow but it does a hell of a job I should add I used asharp deen removegrain also

Last edited by BR7; 4 Feb 2006, 04:13 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• namubi
                        • Feb 2006

Hello im new to this forum, and have a question on few filters, so i think this is the best place to get answers.

I already used FluxSmooth and undot because they are really easy to configure, but now a wanna test some filters like Deen or eDeen and so one but dont now how to set the prefrences.....

and second there is in every filter written need YV12 or somethin what does it mean?, Are my DVDs which I wanna back up YV12 or what???

Thx.

Comment

• jeo
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Feb 2004

welcome in forum namubi!!
                          Originally Posted by namubi
                          ..now a wanna test some filters like Deen or eDeen ...
                          about deen,some others filters and colorspaces few hints here in this same thread: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...5&postcount=67

a long time i tested edeen and don't like it because emboss too much the picture and adjusting deen you can get better quality/compression!

regards

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• techreactor
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                            I didn't want to make a new post so I just continued this one I tried QuEnc today with trellis on I have to say it's slow but it does a hell of a job I should add I used asharp deen removegrain also
                            Can you post your complete script BR7, the sample looks really neat although I think its a bit soft.

Comment

• namubi
                              • Feb 2006

Hi me again, which filters should I use for this Source or no need? It New Police Story.

THX
                              Attached Files

Comment

• jeo
                                Digital Video Expert
                                Digital Video Expert
                                • Feb 2004

tech help here!!!
                                namubi, read the techreactor post in this page,is full of details!

do test with this filters:
                                fluxsmooth(5,7)
                                Asharp(1,2)

or cut round 25Mb from the source(no audio) with shrink and host in rapidshare,then i(we)can try to test more filters/adjusts.

doubt: your source have that big blackborder(sata-23 only) on the right?

regards
                                Last edited by jeo; 9 Feb 2006, 09:35 PM.

geriatric rock fan

Comment

Working...