• techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
    Here are deen settings I like
    light cleaning --> deen("a3d",3,4,1,4)
    medium cleaning --> deen("a3d",3,6,1,6)
    heavy cleaning --> deen("a3d",4,9,1,9)
    Deen is a good filter but can take away the fine details from the source.

limitedshapenfaster is still slow enough for my taste so I dont use it.

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by tom942
      Hi,

Is it a good idea to combine LRemoveDust with LimitedSharpenFaster?, or is posible to use other function like ModerateSharpen?, if yes, which could be a recommended valor for this function?

Thanks.
      nope, since I think it already calls the various functions used in Lremovedust, use it in its native form only.

Comment

• tom942
        • Nov 2005

@tehcreactor

Thanks for the info .

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

Sorry tom I didn't see your last post but tech is right it cleans things up nice
          @Tech
          I thought it had decent speed to do a 7-8 gig DVD it took me 425 min, the only knock I have on LimitedSharpenFaster is it tends to leave a halo around people and certain objects in the movie do you or anbody who reads this know of a good way to get rid of the halo
          Last edited by BR7; 16 May 2006, 05:35 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• tom942
            • Nov 2005

@techreactor & br7

The idea is for example that if I encode a long movie such as King Kong or LotR with CCE and using 2 audio streams and menus, reduce that noise or grain that is introduced in the re-encoding, so apply LRemoveDust is a good idea?

And other question, if the source is an interlaced dvd, which mode is correct?, I read in the documention of RemoveGrain that we should put 13, 14, 15 or 16. Which one is recommended?, is 16 a good choice?.

Thanks as always for your help .

Comment

• BR7
              • Aug 2005

King Kong was a clean movie and shouldn't need filters I just used AutoQmatEnc with Qmatop on without filters(with techreactor's guidance) this encoder does very well with low bitrates it should do a very good job on LOTR as well.It is a slow encoder so if you don't have patients don't use it but if you do have the patients the result is worth the wait

By the way

Last edited by BR7; 16 May 2006, 12:31 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• techreactor
                Banned
                • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                @Tech
                I thought it had decent speed to do a 7-8 gig DVD it took me 425 min, the only knock I have on LimitedSharpenFaster is it tends to leave a halo around people and certain objects in the movie do you or anbody who reads this know of a good way to get rid of the halo
                Usually they are difficult to tackle and sometimes I find them in the originals also

Comment

• techreactor
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2005

@techreactor & br7

The idea is for example that if I encode a long movie such as King Kong or LotR with CCE and using 2 audio streams and menus, reduce that noise or grain that is introduced in the re-encoding, so apply LRemoveDust is a good idea?
                  Like BR7 said, dont use any filters on clean movies (it eats up time and doesnt help much), use removegrain(mode=1) for sources you cant makeout (if they need cleaning or not) and use Lremovedust only for grainier sources.

Remember, Lremovedust softens the picture in order to clean it up.

Comment

• techreactor
                    Banned
                    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by BR7
                    It is a slow encoder so if you don't have patients don't use it but if you do have the patients the result is worth the wait

By the way
                    I will have to disagree on that, based on my exp with autoqmatenc(on my machine) compared to a free encoder. AQMenc uses as many threads as it can on a given CPU and IMO is faster than other free encoders.(although the results will vary with the complexity of sources).

But enabling QmatOp definitely makes it slowers and since this feature is not available in other free encoders, it should not be turned on for comparison purpose.

Comment

• tom942
                      • Nov 2005

@techreactor

One question, how do I call removegrain mode=1?

With something like that?

LoadPlugin("%path%\removegrain.dll")
                      RemoveGrain(mode=1)

I ask you this because I have tried to write down only the second line, an AviSynth told me:

"There's no function called RemoveGrain"...

@BR7

I'm redoing "The Matrix" with AQE. I set it to 3 passes and "QMAT off" to see if not it oversizes, because Sapstar told me in the AQE's forum, that the encoder is tuned to 3 passes more than 4 .

Viewing the m2v while he encodes it, looks really fine, I hope at the end it works on my DVD player, because I've got some problems with HC in same scenes and also I really like Hank's encoder .

See you .
                      Last edited by tom942; 16 May 2006, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• BR7
                        • Aug 2005

I never had trouble with it oversizing.If I remember right some else had trouble with this I think they adjusted the size in rebuilders ini file, please don't do anything yet let one of the more experienced users weigh in on this

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• techreactor
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2005

@techreactor

One question, how do I call removegrain mode=1?

With something like that?

LoadPlugin("%path%\removegrain.dll")
                          RemoveGrain(mode=1)

I ask you this because I have tried to write down only the second line, an AviSynth told me:

"There's no function called RemoveGrain"...
                          which means that avisynth cannot find/load the removegrain filter, just copy the removegrain.dll in the plugins folder under the avisynth folder and remove the loadplugin command.

Comment

• techreactor
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2005

@BR7

I'm redoing "The Matrix" with AQE. I set it to 3 passes and QMAT off because if not it oversizes. Viewing the m2v while he encodes it, looks really fine, I hope at the end it works on my DVD player, because I've got some problems with HC in same scenes and also I really like Hank's encoder .

See you .
                            What is the compression you are getting, since AQMenc still has problem with RC in very high bitrates (will be corrected in the next release, as per SAPSTAR).

Use HC if the avg BR goes above 4K.

Comment

• tom942
                              • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by techreactor
                              What is the compression you are getting, since AQMenc still has problem with RC in very high bitrates (will be corrected in the next release, as per SAPSTAR).

Use HC if the avg BR goes above 4K.
                              With HC I've got problems with my DVD player, sometimes it feels overflow with some scenes and then the sound starts to stutter, and with AQE, at the moment it oversizes .

Thats the reason why I ask if LRemoveDust is good for remove the noise introduced by CCE in such long movies like King Kong , and if it smoothes it a lot, I would like to know if there is a good script that sharp it ..

See you.

Comment

• techreactor
                                Banned
                                • Jul 2005

With HC I've got problems with my DVD player, sometimes it feels overflow with some scenes and then the sound starts to stutter, and with AQE, at the moment it oversizes .

Thats the reason why I ask if LRemoveDust is good for remove the noise introduced by CCE in such long movies like King Kong ,
                                Do your King Kong with AutoQmatenc without Qmatop and try this script :

Code:
                                Removegrain(mode=2)
                                STMedianfilter(3,3,1,1)
                                and if it smoothes it a lot, I would like to know if there is a good script that sharp it ..

See you.
                                Any kind of noise removal is smoothing only, to what levels is what the parameters passed, defines. Also IMO, Sharpening is not a good option, since it adds contrast to the movie, enhances chances of artifacts and lessens the compressibility.

Let us know ur results.

Comment

Working...