• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeo
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Feb 2004

Originally Posted by laserfan
    Are you losing quality? I think RB uses LanczosResize which does a very good job. The real question is: does it look better to YOU on your TV...
    ot
    good to know.
    my preference is bicubicresize .maybe lanczos is one of the reasons why loading the .avs in vdub are differents from the result of the encode.(searching reasons)
    in .avs don't have the resize,means that lanczos is inside rb or something like this.

do you know if is possible change lanczos to bicubic in RB-free?

thanks and VHNY!
    still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• laserfan
      • Mar 2005

Sorry, I don't know about the FREE version. For a recent lb-to-anamorphic conversion, the line in RB's .avs files was:

LanczosResize(720,480,0,60,720,360)

Using 3-click mode, after the PREPARE phase was complete, and all the .avs files written, I went-in to each and changed this to:

Lanczos4Resize(720,480,0,60,720,360)

I see no reason why you couldn't change it to bicubic or whatever you want.

Comment

• CMG0311
        • Nov 2005

So does anyone know why the credits would be jerking? I think it's an audio sync problem because if i fast forward to where it starts doing it, it plays normally for about 2 seconds without audio, then freezes and the audio starts playing and the credits jerk the rest of the time and are kind of all over the screen.

Comment

• jeo
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Feb 2004

it's ok laserfan.
          i was thinking that RB free was calling lanczos from like call trim(xxx,yyy) inside .avs because the scripts in free versions don't use any resizer.
          I see no reason why you couldn't change it to bicubic or whatever you want.
          i prefer bicubic and some sharpen filter,the sharpness from lanczos is too crisp for my taste.
          (you can see it (test)openning any .avs in vdub with lanczos and the same source with bicubic)

as RB free don't use,i don't change.

thanks.
          still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• CMG0311
            • Nov 2005

Alright so apparently it's not just end credits that are jerking. At random points throughout the movie, it starts jerking and turning pixelated, if i try jumping to the scene, there's no audio for a second and then the disc freezes and then starts playing again but with tons of problems. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...