X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GluteusMaximus
    • Oct 2006

PAL DVD-9 to NTSC DVD-5

Hello everyone,

Just stumbled across this site and found myself overwhelmed by the sheer volume of info. I had no idea there was so much one could do with video. I am looking for a way to turn a PAL DVD of any size to a NTSC DVD-5. I only want to pull the main movie and put that on DVD-5.

Here is what I have available and would like to know the easiest way to accompliish this task in the fewest steps possible.

DVD Decrypter
    Canopus Procoder 2
    DVD Shrink
    DVD Rebuilder Pro v1.10.9
    ImageBurn

I started out using the DVD Decrypter to pull the VOB files selected to one VOB file on the hard drive. I then open up canopus and select that VOB file as the source and select MPEG2-DVD-NTSC-(VOB) as the target. What I end up with is a target too large to put on DVD-5 so I have to shrink it using DVD Rebuilder or DVD Shrink. This seems like I'm doing way more than I need to. My hopes would be that I could open up DVD Rebuilder, grab the VOB file that DVD Decrypter produced, turn that into a NTSC DVD-5 disk or iso image.

Is there an easier way to do this?

GM
    Last edited by GluteusMaximus; 21 Oct 2006, 04:27 AM.
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

Try this link
    Last edited by BR7; 1 Nov 2006, 04:41 AM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

canopus is needed for the conversion from pal to ntsc, shrink to make it fit
      a single layer dvd, I would use shrink first then convert

nero vision would do both

Comment

Working...