Mine is the NTSC version. Actual version number is Procoder2 02.04.02.00
    -FuriousG-

Comment

• jdobbs
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Sep 2004

Originally Posted by Furiousg
      btw...I encoded last night with 1.20.xx beta to try....4.39GB this morning
      Interesting that it came out to 4.39GB... that's what the Viewer/Editor predicts on mine... even though it came out to 4.32GB. I used CCE when I ran it last time (the specified bitrates are exactly the same), I'll run it tonight using ProCoder and see what I get.

Comment

• Furiousg
        If you have any poo....throw it now
        • Dec 2005

Mine predicted 4.31G with the resulting 4.39G

I think I may try HC tonite for the heck of it. Or CCE ( haven't used it in months )

Also, I when I tried enabling menu encoding, I got a error code 9 a few seconds into Prepare. Three separate Rebuilder starts gave me that error. Then on my fourth try...everything seems to have worked and began encoding.

I think I may have gremlins!!

**edit**

I got home, and with menu encoding enabled, half D1 for extras and a default targetsectors setting I now have a 4.37G (4,590,538 bytes) ISO that WILL fit on a disc.
        The thing I am most amazed by is the sheer size of the log for this rebuild....551KB :O I have never used Menu Encoding before, and perhaps that is the culprit behind the behemoth log. Regardless it is burning now and I will be testing all the functions shortly.
        Also..( I say this a lot ) Procoder was hanging on the very last segment of the encode when I got home, waiting for my ok on another invalid preset error. Seems to be ok though.
        Last edited by Furiousg; 29 Nov 2006, 11:00 AM.
        -FuriousG-

Comment

• jdobbs
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Sep 2004

Mine was huge too. This disc is very unusual. Two of the VTSs have almost 3000 still images each that are all individual segments (cells).

Comment

• Furiousg
            If you have any poo....throw it now
            • Dec 2005

Disc worked perfectly well. All of the games and extras are operational. So I am happy. Still bothers me why it was so problematic for me....but I can move on now and hopefully my next endeavors are a little less traumatic.

Thanks for all the input jdobbs, Blu oops, and Tech
            -FuriousG-

Comment

• Sharc
              • Jul 2006

Originally Posted by jdobbs
              Mine was huge too. This disc is very unusual. Two of the VTSs have almost 3000 still images each that are all individual segments (cells).
              At the risk that this is getting out of the topic:
              Tons of still images that are individual cells are perhaps not so unusual.
              As I normally don't want to keep these, I would like to have the option to blank these in the viewer/editor.

Comment

• jdobbs
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Sep 2004

Tons of still images that are individual cells are perhaps not so unusual.
                Hmmm.... I'd have to disagree with that. I've done over 1400 discs in my testing, and this is the only one I've seen.

Comment

• Sharc
                  • Jul 2006

I can definitely not compete with your 1400 discs ....

But I just came across a nice one with 395 segments in the Menu VTS, with approx. 350 thereof being still pictures....

Comment

• jdobbs
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    Digital Video Enthusiast
                    • Sep 2004

A series of stills in the hundreds isn't common -- but it definitely isn't out of the ordinary either.

But when you see a disc with segments numbering in the thousands, it's way out there.

I really wonder about the thought process is behind some of these authoring ideas. Do they really think someone is going to sit with a remote control in the hand clicking through 3000 still photos? If you spent 5 seconds on each picture it would take you over 4 hours to view them (and that's assumming you didn't have to take any bathroom breaks).

Comment

Working...