X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

DVD-RB Pro convert 4x3 to 16x9 and subs

I have several movies that were released before 16x9 was the norm. They are letterboxed to 1.85:1 in 4x3 format. I have run several through the DVD-RB Pro latest version using the AviSynth option to Convert 4x3 to 16x9.

The resulting movie shows the aspect ratio conversion succeeded. However since most of my movies have subtitles I run into a problem with this conversion where only the first subtitle is selectable. If I try using the DVD-RB option to remove all but the English subs first, it still doesn't work.

Does anyone know the trick to preparing this conversion so that the subtitles will transfer correctly?

It seems I solved this once before but it's been several months. I forget the sequence.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I got the one I was struggling with to work. One movie doesn't prove it for sure but I think the trick is to keep the menus. I could select the English subs with the menu, but not with the remote subtitle button.

Only thing is with this DVD-RB feature, the source video without the black bars has to be very close to 1.85:1 or the output will be stretched wide. Doesn't have the analysis and auto crop ability of AutoGK. You pretty much have to take a snip and put it in MediaInfo to make certain or you'll waste a lot of time.

Comment

Working...