IVTC problems with TMPGEncPlus2.5 - Result doesn't match the frame selection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pp_nd
    • Apr 2008

IVTC problems with TMPGEncPlus2.5 - Result doesn't match the frame selection

Hi Guys,

I'm in face of a big trouble with TMPGEnc : I want to convert an US NTSC DVD movie into PAL DVD movie. So I want to use the IVTC feature of TMPGEnc.
    I have read all guidelines I found about IVTC.
    I use DVD2AVI first to generate a d2v file.

When I use the d2v file in TMPGEnc, and open the IVTC windows,
    the frame rate selection (below the Check button) is very strange : instead of 24fps it displays 19,2fps, instead of 30fps it displays 24fps, and so one.

A another computer which has not the same codecs list, but use the same source file, and the same TMPGEnc version and installation, I got correctly the right frame list (..../24fps/30fpd/...).

When I open a VOB file instead of the d2v, I have the right frame list twice.

On the first computer (bad frame list with d2v), with the d2v project, when I "start" the IVTC in the automatically windows, I got a result. When I observe this result (red frames selection display), it sounds ok in the preview.
    When I generate the output m2v video file, the result is completly different, fully of bad interlaced frames.
    With VOB file, the preview display and the final result look okay.

On the second computer the result is okay both d2v and vob ...

I try to find the codec used by TMPGEnc on the 1st computer (Filemon), but cannot catch the asx or dll call.

Does somebody encounter the same kind of trouble and do you have a solution to find the badly codec which cause me this troubles ?
    I can perform my conversion on the second computer, but it is 3 time slower than the 1st one ... you know.

Thanks for your help.
  • pp_nd
    • Apr 2008

Hi me,

I discover the reason : there was more than 1 DVD2AVI folder on my machine, and the d2v file was created by another DVD2AVI version than the one used by TMPGEnc.

Nevertheless, I discover at end of work, that DVD2AVI or DGIndex don't decode correctly the VOB DVD structure : some pictures at begin and at end of movie were removed, and frame indication are not OK. So, the result is a little bit shorter than the NTSC original (in terms of play time), and then the sound track cannot match the movie pictures correctly ...even after BeSweet NTSC/PAL shiffting).

By using the very tiny PgcDemux tool (http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/dvdtools.htm), you can very completly demux the DVD structure into elementary elements (m2v, ac3, subtitle, chapter list) without any error. The m2v result file as the right number of frames.
    Very usefull to get the chapter list, and subtitle flow to rebuild the PAL version of your DVD.

Use after the MPEG2 VFAPI plugin (http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/) to read the m2v in TMPGEnc and to make IVTC.
    Now, the IVTC works more correctly, and the algorithm to be used (no interlaced source) matches the IVTC philosophy. Before with DVD2AVI, no-interlaced-source gives a bad result, only movment-priority or flicker gives a right result, but that was not logical...

And after all, BeSweet-ing the AC3 from NTSC to PAL gives the right result.

That was my bug report, which may be can help somebody in future

Comment

Working...