Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Russian Crush
    • Jul 2003

sound out of sync in MPEG

ive been reading the forums for a while and ive done everything up to converting .avi to .mpeg with TMPGEnc. BUT!!!!! after i convert it the sound is out of sync by like 10-15 sec. any solution to this?

one more thing the original .avi file plays out of sync on every player except on crystal player. the .mpeg file plays out of sync on every player.

i used AVIWAV to extract my audio out of .avi and used NANDUB to get my "silent" .avi. please help.

thanks.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If the original .AVI plays out of synch, why would you think that it would somehow become synchronized when you convert to MPEG?

I'd suggest that you fix the synchronization of the original .AVI first - and then convert to MPEG.

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving"
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select framerate - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• Russian Crush
      • Jul 2003

ummmmmmmmm and how in the world im suppose to know how many miliseconds apart is video and audio. im sorry but im in a pickle here.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"how in the world im suppose to know how many miliseconds apart is video and audio."

There are 1,000 milleseconds in 1 second...

Comment

• Russian Crush
          • Jul 2003

lol i know, but how am i suppose to know how many seconds is video away from the audio? just by hearing?

another thing i noticed, i play most of my xvid in WMP 9.0. here is what happens. file starts to play then the picture stops but the timer is still ticking then the film starts off again, picture stops, starts playing again. then finaly after about 30 s of playing it calms down and starts to play but slowly as if a lil slowed down. is it my codec or my PC*

*650 MHz
          128 RAM
          16 MB ATI RAGE
          audio card (me not know)
          WIN XP

i use XviD-04102002-1 codec.

is there a way to find out the time that separates the off sync audio and video without actually looking at the film?
          Last edited by Russian Crush; 1 Aug 2003, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"how am i suppose to know how many seconds is video away from the audio? just by hearing?"

Yes.. (And, at least with Windows Media Player v.6.4, at the same time note the elapsed time at the bottom of the not-fullscreen window)

Comment

• Andr0med
              • Jan 2004

try to play your avi or svcd with BSPlayer. It has worked for me when the sound was out of sync with video; those movies still don't work with media player but they work with bsplayer; good luck

Comment

Working...