Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrianz
    • May 2005

Vcd that has extra files problem after mass produce: help

After creating a vcd on the computer my client wanted to add an extra pdf files. So i created a folder in the vcd as 'corporate profile', and place the pdf file in there. Burn the vcd on my pc. and tested on a home dvd player and pc. everything was ok. i even can read the pdf file on the pc.

However after sending the master disc to be replicated (3000 disc), i cannot view the disc at all from a computer dvd or cd-rom... but when i put it in a home dvd or vcd player the video runs.. that mean i cannot even view the pdf file as i cannot see any folders from a computer

please help and enlighten me whats going on here .. tks

... more info...
    after scanning the replicated disc with nero info tool i don't get the same stats if it was a vcd.. what i get in the general column for type is "data cd (mode 2)"
    at the content column everything is "n/a"
    Last edited by andrianz; 31 May 2005, 01:27 AM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"i cannot view the disc at all from a computer dvd or cd-rom..."

Have you tried playing it on OTHER PCs? It may be that your PC doesn't recognize the brand of CD...

Comment

• andrianz
      • May 2005

yeah i tried it on at least 5 different computer cd-roms and all cannot see any files on the cd... strange that when i put it in the home dvdplayer it runs.....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Burn the vcd on my pc. and tested on a home dvd player and pc. everything was ok. i even can read the pdf file on the pc."

I hope you now are once again in possession of your master. If I were in your position, I'd make a couple of backup copies and, after making sure they also performed as the original, go to the mass duplicator and show them that "they got it wrong". Insist that they confirm that their duplicates will play on PCs...

(I wonder if they put that silly older SONY copy protection on the discs?)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Burn the vcd on my pc. and tested on a home dvd player and pc. everything was ok. i even can read the pdf file on the pc."

I hope you now are once again in possession of your master. If I were in your position, I'd make a couple of backup copies and, after making sure they also performed as the original, go to the mass duplicator and show them that "they got it wrong". Insist that they confirm that their duplicates will play on PCs...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Comment

Working...