Anyone know of a good VCD Encoder that has a RESUME function??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RipNBurn
    • Jan 2005

Anyone know of a good VCD Encoder that has a RESUME function??

I am currently using TMPGEnc to encode my VCD's and although its a little slow it does a good job. The only problem is it can take 8 or 10 hours or more to encode 1 file, so I am unable to use my computer for that length of time without having to start the encoding process over from the beginning. I was wondering of there might be a good mpeg encoder out there that I could buy that would support pause/resume of encoding??? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"so I am unable to use my computer for that length of time without having to start the encoding process over from the beginning."

That's incorrect. You CAN multitask while using TMPGEnc. Simply minimize it while it's "doing its thing" and do whatever else you want to do...

Comment

• RipNBurn
      • Jan 2005

Yeah yer right. I know what you mean but my computer is just too darn slow for that. Until I can upgrade to a faster CPU I can't really mutitask with a program like TMPGEnc running. Its just way too slow. I just thought if there was a program that would pause/resume the encode it would make it alot easier. I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• victoria67
          • Feb 2005

Hi, I love this program and I don't wanna change it for another one, I wish it were faster as well though. I have a good quality pc and it's still about 3 1/2hrs to encode my files.
          I was told by many people not to use other things while this program is running, cus it could cause problems such as freezing, etc while playing in standalone player. (I found out when asking ppl about freezing vcds).
          Plus, when this one's running, the other things move to slow for me to bear too!
          What would be the best settings to make sure TMPGEnc is optimal?

Thanx, victoria

Comment

• RipNBurn
            • Jan 2005

I don't know about changing settings so can multitask safely, but I usually set TMPGEnc to run overnight. Then I don't have to worry whether anything else I'm doing during encoding might affect the finished product. I agree with you though. I wouldn't trade TMPGEnc in for another program either, it's slower than other programs, but I think it does a way better job. Anyway my problem is solved, I just upgraded my computer from a 400MHz to about a 2.4GHz CPU. It now takes me less than an hour to encode a 1 1/2 hour long *.avi. Less time than actually watching the movie! Somethig to definitely consider doing if you can manage it yourself. I changed my motherboard and CPU for just over $250. A bit of a pain to do but SOOOO worth it!!!!

CATCH YA LATER!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

ripnburn, you can do basicly what you requested with tempgenc.
              on the encode screen click "settings" and you will notice the encoding stops, this will help you do other things if you wish to pause for a bit.(leave the window open that comes up from pressing "settings")

i used to do that before i upgraded my pc. too bad tempgenc can't resume from the last encoded frame, like it recalls the inverse telecine process.
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...