Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radar
    • Feb 2005

AVI to svcd help please -no sound w/ mainconcept

Help, I used mainconcept mpeg encoder to convert avi to svcd...the final svcd has picture but no sound...any help please.
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

On Mainconcept's main screen, does it show that you loaded both video and audio (at the top)?
    If it does, and it encode properly, you may not have an mpeg-2 codec on your system to play back mpeg-2.
    Windows media player doesn't automatically come with one.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• radar
      • Feb 2005

Thanks I loaded klite codec pack onto my pc which I thought would work...I do have the same avi file loaded for audio & video, and have tried twice but still no sound.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub (or any of its variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3).

Comment

• radar
          • Feb 2005

Thanks ...ran virtualdub.....I get an error message when I open the avi file "Improper vbr audio encoding in the source avi file"....so I assume I should just through out the file.

Comment

• reboot
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2004

No, open it in virtualdub.
            Select Audio, full processing.
            Select File, save .wav
            Save it.
            Get Audacity or Goldwave.
            Open the .wav
            Save as .wav
            Open Mainconcept.
            Load the video, and under audio, load the .wav you just saved.
            Encode.
            My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• radar
              • Feb 2005

Well heck...I tried to save wav in virtualdub and I get an error message that I don't have the correct codec...I have klite codec pack installed...
              Last edited by radar; 5 Feb 2005, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• tigerman8u
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2003

Get the AC-3 ACM Decompressor (free). If it's not on this site you can d/l it here in the tools section www.videohelp.com

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use NanDub or VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
                  1) Load your original .AVI into NanDub

2)Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (NanDub only -For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Full Processing Mode")
                  From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)" (NanDub only - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)")

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save WAV" is located under the "Streams" drodpown menu) (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

5) Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (NanDub - set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file. - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>click on the listed audiostream and then select "Disable").

Then close NanDub and restart it
                  Set "Audio" to "No audio" (Not necessary under VirtualDubMOD)
                  Load your silent .AVI
                  Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
                  Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Add)
                  Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Direct Stream Copy")
                  From the "Audio" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Streams") dropdown menu, select "Compression" (In VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Compression") and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
                  From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save as") and save your file with a new filename.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To tigerman8u

"Get the AC-3 ACM Decompressor"

What does this have to do with a Variable Bitrate (VBR) .MP3 audiostream?

Comment

• tigerman8u
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2003

I was replying from your above post "The audiostream is probably in either .AC3 format or Variable Bitrate MPEG Layer 3 (VBR .MP3)." and from "radar" reply "I tried to save wav in virtualdub and I get an error message that I don't have the correct codec". I thought if the audio was AC-3 this would decode the audio for him.

Comment

• radar
                        • Feb 2005

I did Reboot steps...after d/l new codecs...work great thanks a bunch guys.

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

"work great thanks a bunch guys."

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...