Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tried
    • Feb 2005

Quality Issues

When I make VCDs the quality isn't as good isn't as could as I was hoping for. It might just
    be that I'm overestimating the picture but I'll see if I can get it better anyway. The
    problem is the playback has sort of yellow tinges fading in and out and general light
    quality not very good. When there's a lot of action on screen the frames aren't as smooth as
    I expected a bit like a slight blur. I use Divx DVD ripper to encode vob files to Mpeg-1
    and have tried tweaking some of the options to no avail or it says it won¡¦t be VCD
    compliant. Though I doubt this has any bearing as I've checked them before burning I'm using
    Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2 and MediaStudio Pro 7 to burn them because Nero only gets to 100%
    encoding and doesn't do anything afterwards. I've tried different programs to make these
    files but the quality is the same and when I try to use Nero it says it needs to re encode
    them to become compliant. I know a little on the subject overall but I'm still a beginner in
    a sense! Again this is probably irrelevant but I'll cover as much as I can so I don't need
    to keep re posting. I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink though I try to mostly avoid any
    compression with the latter, mainly just to get just the bits I want. Basically I just want
    to improve the picture quality to get rid of the elements I mentioned earlier; I don't
    expect anything better than VCR quality or even close to DVD. Any help would be much
    appreciated! While I'm on the subject I've been overburning CDs to fit around 85 mins or so
    on each disk with 800mb disks but need to do the former because my LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5238S
    doesn't recognise they're over around 702mb. Is there anything besides the firmware upgrade
    that I've all ready done to make it recognise the real disk size? I only mention this
    because some programs refuse to let me overburn. By the way as for the Ulead products
    they're only trial products so I prefer to go the freeware option will look at other things like shareware, etc.
    other forms. Again sorry this is so long! Any help would be much appreciated!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

"When there's a lot of action on screen the frames aren't as smooth as
    I expected a bit like a slight blur"

VCD's aren't going to be nice and smooth on panning scenes like a dvd, this is the nature of the beast. this is one of the many reasons VCD's suck.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...