X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

really dark picture?

Yes, I have downloaded several avi files that I wanted to convert into VCD's. Problem is that the picture is extremely dark, to the point of not being able to see it almost pure black.

I have Windows XP and all the proper codecs installed per the program "GSpot".

Any help would be appreciated!

btw: I downloaded my big fat greek weeding and it played great but, I went to watch it again and it was all black like I posted before.

Thank You in Advance,

Jon
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

ive noticed its only the avi's with the xvid video codec that does it

Comment

• chickeneater
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2002

get the ffdshow filter from the new tsunami 399 codec pack.
      FFDShow filters
      Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Hashashin
        • Sep 2003

If the picture is too dark when playing XviD movies it is possible to change the brightness setting. Goto the File menu in Windows Media Player and select Properties (make sure that you have a XviD movie loaded or the Properties option will be disabled). Then click the Advanced tab and select the "XviD MPEG-4 Video Decoder", then click Properties. A new window with a brightness slider will be displayed. If you move the slider to the left the picture will become darker. If you move the slider to the right the picture will become brighter. Experiment a bit to find the value that works best for you.

Please note that the above instructions only work in Windows Media Player v6.4. If your system has a newer version of Windows Media Player installed you can still access the older version to make the needed changes. Simply goto the Start menu in Windows, select "Run..." and enter "mplayer2" in the box. Then click the OK button to start Windows Media Player v6.4.

Hope this helps. Taken from the F.A.Q

Comment

Working...