X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Basically, you could experience synch issues with vbr mp3.

OGM is a new container format, much like *.avi but far more advanced and specifically created for handling modern digital video and audio. A google search and and a visit to doom9.org may yield more information the container

Comment

• secotelli
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Dec 2002

Uncas, i have a question again.. i make my movies with ogm audio file now.. and i know it is possible some ways to have a movie with 2 audios (i mean 2 different languages)... my question is is it possible to make my movies with 2 or more audio files which are ogm??? i mean i wanna have .ogg file at the end and also to have 2 different audio options to switch... is that possible??
      Last edited by UncasMS; 31 Jan 2003, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Yes, you can have multiple language streams in the *.ogm container.

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Why don't you just try it ?.

Here is a guide that explains how to add multiple audio tracks to an ogm file.

Dammit Batman beat me by less than a minute
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• secotelli
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by khp
            Why don't you just try it ?.

Here is a guide that explains how to add multiple audio tracks to an ogm file.

http://www.doom9.org/ogg.htm
            i will try it of course.. and i will even try for 3 audio track..
            thank you guys...

by the way, about formats i agree with Uncas.. i tried ogm after he suggested me and i think it is better than all the others.. for my taste of course...

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by khp
              Dammit Batman beat me by less than a minute
              hehehe....I'm fast with my fingers
              Sectolli, OGM Is a container like AVI, I believe you were referring to ogg vorbis (an audio format).

Comment

• secotelli
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Batman
                hehehe....I'm fast with my fingers
                Sectolli, OGM Is a container like AVI, I believe you were referring to ogg vorbis (an audio format).
                i guess so..
                anyway then OGM is better than AVI and ogg is better than all others... is that right now??
                hope it is...

Comment

• Batman
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2002

The only way to know for sure, is to conduct your own trials and experiments. I do believe the ogm container is far better than avi.

Comment

• secotelli
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Dec 2002

Batman, I read something in this forum like for animation movies DivX 3 is better than DivX 5.. do you have any idea how true this is??

Comment

• Batman
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2002

Now this is a personal choice. There are people who love/loath divx 3.11/divx 5.0 pro/ and xvid

Personally, I believe SBC (2-pass for Divx 3.11 alpha using Nandub) and XVID are great. Then again, people have a wide variety of often conflicting opinions on which codec is "best". To get a definitive answer you will definately have to do your own tests.

The doom9.org guides should tell you everything about SBC encoding and xvid encoding (also in the doom9 forums take a look at iago's 2-pass xvid encoding document).

Comment

• secotelli
                        Gold Member
                        Gold Member
                        • Dec 2002

is it possible to have 6 channel audio with ogg vorbis?? or this is just possible in ac3??

Comment

• UncasMS
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2001

Uncas, i have a question again.. i make my movies with ogm audio file now.. and i know it is possible some ways to have a movie with 2 audios (i mean 2 different languages)... my question is is it possible to make my movies with 2 or more audio files which are ogm??? i mean i wanna have .ogg file at the end and also to have 2 different audio options to switch... is that possible??

+++++

of course you can easily store two or more lanugages in the ogm container!

i still havent integrated this ogg/ogm guide into into my homepage, but that doesnt make a difference for the content.
                          take a look at this part of the guide:

i DONT, btw, consider the ogg/ogm guides at doom9 worth recommending!

using oggmux for example with the integrated cutting function (to e.g. cut @ 700mb) is pretty useless. and stating that oggsplit does NOT do it properly either and still keeping this advice is nonsense.
                          both wont cut at keyframes, which will leave you with a second half that will definitely have a couple of useless black frames at the beginning.

since virtualdubMOD is able to properly handle cutting it is once again obvious that those guides are not up2date and being the first to put guides online is one thing, keeping them up2date or going over them later on, when problems have been solved is another.
                          Last edited by UncasMS; 31 Jan 2003, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• secotelli
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Dec 2002

but i have a little unimportant problem about ogm.. when i work for avi container i almost have the exact file size i planned.. but when i work with ogm, i cant get close to what i expect.. maybe the way i do is wrong.. i do like this..
                            after ripping movie and using dvd2avi i have some audio files as u can guess.. then i make ogg vorbis by using besweet.. and i check the ogg file afterwards to see how big it is.. and if it is for example 50 MB, then i encode the video by writing 650 MB.. (btw i use GordianKnot).. and after it encoded i just mux them.. the point is after i mux and finished everything, instead of something close 700, i had once 621 MB and many times 67x.. but i could never come close to 700.. it never be bigger but by using these MB i could have better video quality..
                            so, what i try to ask is, is there anything i do wrong when i encode?? or is there any tips to help me to get close to what i expect??

Comment

• UncasMS
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2001

1. it is NOT unusual that sometimes divx5 produces smaller files than calculated. in your case, however, this hsould NOT be the reason why your final filesize wont fit.
                              because with one cd rips this problem doesnt occur that often (except for titles like panic room or the others for example).

2. i guess you inadvertedly must have specified some audio length in gk, that wouldnt be correct.

assuming you wanted your video to become ~650mb then of course in this case you MUST NOT set any mb size or bitrate for primary and/or secondary audio or otherwise gk must assume you want 650mb all-in-all not video only.

3. you could even do it the other way around: create the video stream first and then see how big exacty it becomes and then calculate the very bitrate you will need for ogg stream(s)!

Comment

• secotelli
                                Gold Member
                                Gold Member
                                • Dec 2002

how can i calculate the audio size?? i didnt know that... can i control my audio files' sizes??

and what should i do to have 6 channel ogg audio??
                                Last edited by secotelli; 1 Feb 2003, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...