Need More Proccessing Power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khitch12
    • Nov 2001

Regarding Flask I have done over 200 movies with it useing 2 different computers. The only time any audio/visual issue occured was when I forced flask into a bit rate other than the one it auto selected. That was very early on. I have never known anything but absolute reliablity with it. I did have to go to sound blaster live, my awe 32 would create a hiss in the sound. Not one of these movies have any audio/video sync problem.

I can only think that for one reason or another Flask isn't as reliable on some other people's computers. I does absolutely work for me.

Beyond that it is easy as hell to use. I have used nanodub and mpegtoavi couldn't see any difference in the resultant quality, it is the codec not the interface. It was just such a bitch to have to match up the sound that any difference in speed of the other two was lost in messing with that. Will say mpegtoavi did rip twice the speed of flask but then I spent a couple of days trying to get the sound to match.

A strong point I feel for a board such as this is to give new people a place to start. A new person starting with another interface will be overwhelmed. If they can use Flask and I have never known anyone outside of this board that had any probs using it then why not and then if later they want to play with the others why not then do that?

I am certain to myself that I could launch the original divx on on computer and my rip on another at this point and the diff could not be detected by the naked eye. The double rip is the key.

Comment

Working...