Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TreizKushrenada
    • May 2003

Burn AVI as DVD

I was wondering if theres a way i can burn avi files as dvds and if so, what programs do i need to do it.
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

try a free program called Tmpgenc. use its wizard to make dvd complient mpeg2 file then burn using nero or whichever u like.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• yellowfl
        • Dec 2003

Thanks setarip

Because of your helpful posts through out these boards, I created my first DVD tonight that worked perfectly on my home dvd player. Converted AVI to DVD using TMPG plus and then authored and burned using TMPG Author - worked flawlessly - thanks.

Thanks again,
        yellow
        Last edited by yellowfl; 2 Jan 2004, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To yellowfl

"Because of your helpful posts through out these boards, I created my first DVD tonight that worked perfectly on my home dvd player."

My pleasure ;>}

Regarding the second half of your post - What you've stated regarding the source and type of video is a violation of the rules of these forums.

If you leave it unedited, it may be deleted in its entirety...

Comment

• yellowfl
            • Dec 2003

Sorry

I figured that out after I asked the question.

Thanks,
            Brian

Comment

• flipo
              • Jan 2004

Select source file screen

I get to the select source file screen in the program "TMPGEnc" and when i go to load my avi file it says it can not be opened, or unsupported.

What do I do. I'm trying to take my avi files and burn them onto dvd disk to watch in my dvd player.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...